Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv just bought my 1st skyline and luv it but she has 1or2 little things that need doing No.1 the stereo its not rearly woring ie radio not picking up and cd not realy doing much dont mind the standard unit but i need sounds HELP :bananadie:

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
yes a normal one will fit in although they screw in on the sides(old mounting method) they dont use the cage

·
Registered
812 Posts
when i fiited my stereo i done some investigating and found that people said they all poked out slightly except for kenwood withc was a snug fit

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
they only look like they are poking out as most of the facia trims for new hus are larger than the space thats left around the dash panel,a little modding wil see anything fit properly

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
you need to make sure its compatable withthe pre amp speakers too aparently nissan send power tothe speakers and some after market head units dont suport this. as fer second hand ...ebay ..but really why bother .....100 notes buys you a decnet enuff system untill you can sort out a propre install

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
iv got head units not a prob it the removel of this 1 and i quite like the ariginal 1 would like to put standard in

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
its going to be hard to find a really good one because of the age of the cars,a 10+ year old standard unit is going to be very used

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
hesh whats this talk of preamps?,did nissan do option stuff then,the standard looms dont use any preamps im aware of

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i can just put in a normal head unit o Q hows the surounding trim held on mine keeps popping off top left

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
the dash trim clips on,its also held in behind the ashtray with two crosshead screws,there might be another screw between the steering wheel and door too,cant remember

1 - 14 of 14 Posts