Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
---:sorry: if this is the wrong place for this i couldn't find anywhere else---

I brought my first R33 1994 series 1 Rb25de auto about 2 years ago, Ive never had a problem with it,
Until 8 months ago... Ive taken my car to different mechanics, friends and friends of friends have all tried to help me with this one problem that sounds so simple but know one can find!

THE PROBLEM!!
Is it just randomly stalls/cuts out... At idle even the first start of the day! You could be on the fwy cruising along at 110km just cuts out... slowing down for a stop sign/traffic light just dies. Sometimes it will be going good for a good while other days i cant even get it out of the driveway!! its really quite dangerous and for this reason i haven't been driving it..

Ive tried everything, everyone's told me too change and clean. i love my car i don't want to sell it Ive given it a good chance, this is my last hope. :')

This is the list of things Ive changed so far.
:disappointed:
Fuel filter.
fuel pump.
oil filter.
checked coil packs (spitfire)
checked spark plugs
AFM tried 4 different ones.
crank angle sensor.
fuel relay.
fuel pump control module thing? ( grey box thing behind back seats?? )
auto shift sensor
checked wires/earths i could find
changed exhaust back to stock
cleaned most plugs
changed the TPS
cleaned the AAC valve
checked the alarm/immobilizer

other things Ive had done is major service ( done by mechanic )
new water pump.
power steering pump/belt
timing belt was done.

can anybody help PLEASE!!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
it sounds like a vac/boost leak. im not sure if the lamba would also effect this. also is the bov working properly?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
soz didnt read it props! well the bov defo not working properly lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did get an lamba to try but i got a series 2 one didn't fit! haha :\

Also tried moving the AFM plug around and cleaned it with ( Mass Air Flow sensor cleaner ) It has stalled a couple of times when you play around with things in the engine bay but its almost just a coincidence it never seems to do it again when you go back to that same spot!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did have someone else say torque convertor too.. i just wasn't to sure if that could cause it to just cut out like it does?
they've also said injectors too, but wouldn't injectors cause the car to splutter and carry on before it just dies?

·
Registered
757 Posts
i had a similar prob with my 300zx would start fine try to pull away and it would stall same thing at lights etc mechanic said to disconnect sensor on idle and adjust it till it was running high reconnect sensor and ecu would pick up signal and adjust itself done this and car was fine.idle was to low or something but did cure it so maybe the same thing mine was auto too

·
guess whos back
326 Posts
Had same 6 years ago on my R33 gtsts
was a black hose passenger footwell going into ECU was loose where someone previous wired in some limiter thing
not sure if all had!
HTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts