Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm looking at selling my Toyota MR2 GT-S Turbo and buying a Skyline. A friend I know is selling his at the following price/spec

£4750
Nissan Skyline R33 (the non turbo version) 1995
Silver
Private Plate
Full bodykit - Veilside nose, rear wing, rear bumper splitters. Border side skirts
18" Work Evoluzione Wheels
HKS SuperDragger Exhaust
Few other mods

Is this a good price? Also where can I find info and statistics on this car? I know it's approx 158BHP and does about 30MPG but I'd like to know a bit more before I think of buying it.

I know it's not as powerful as the monster versions out there but I'm looking for something with half decent insurance/running cost and petrol consumption. My current car is bleeding me dry in those areas (but it is immense fun)

Many thanks

Geno

E

·
0 Posts
Theres nout wrong with em at all mate but i think coming from an MR2 Turbo you`ll feel like you`re driving a shed with 4 flat tyres & fat people in the back.
With chips.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
You do not mention mileage, condition etc but it sounds like a really nicely specced car although if you can afford it, get into the GTSt as Eddie says - the extra 100odd HP does make a big difference.

Have a look under cars for sale section, there is a nice one at £5,500 which to me seems worth the difference.

·
Registered
19 Posts
praps u lot can help me...i'm about to pay 8800 for a 96 gts2.5t, 45000on the clock,years mot n tax,import car,sva done...is that a good deal or crap?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Just out of curiosity.. Why would you want to get a less powerfull motor just cos its name..! As you can see I own a 92 MR2 (GT) Turbo and rate it so highly you wouldn't believe..!
Having driven a non turbo 33 gts I'd have to agree with Eddie and say wait a wee while and save for a gts-t....

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
If you want petrol economy don't buy a skyline. But if you want mahooosive enjoyment per gallon then a skyline is the only car to have. BTW get a Gts25t you won't regret it. I have one and its my daily driver......wooohoooo!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
planeman said:
praps u lot can help me...i'm about to pay 8800 for a 96 gts2.5t, 45000on the clock,years mot n tax,import car,sva done...is that a good deal or crap?
I've seen them for less. But if its from a good dealer & you're getting a warranty, or if its got a few mods... or both!

Is this a fresh import ?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Planeman, is that 45k miles or 45k km? Either way it's reasonable money for a minter. If there's anything you don't like about it then I'd walk if I were you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with the GTSt comments, I nearly bought a non turbo model as I could not afford a GTSt but was talked into waiting, now I own a GTSt type M which I am totally in love with, I bought it as a weekend funcar but have not driven any of my others cars for 8 weeks. I have unfortunatly found the only thing it wont pass is a petrol station!

E

·
0 Posts
Me too. I test drove a GTS4 (i think thats what it was) auto. Could have got it for about 3.5k cps the guy was moning back to japan n needed a quick sale.
spent twice that on a gtst & dont regret it at all. could have bought a GTR (had more than enough money) but couldn`t bring myself to spend 15k+ on a car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts