Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got basically 2 spare RB25DET engines which a mechanic mate wants and has asked me to get him a price (he is gonna build 1 engine to sell to a customer of his and fit it for him, the rest left over would be spare parts).

Engine 1 - Needs a rebore on 1 bore and replacement piston. No other issues, has been dismantled and checked.
Engine 2 - Only known problem is the valve stems seals have gone, its not been fully checked out yet though so just assuming that's only issue.

I was thinking £500 for both or maybe £400 worth of his labour working on my car(s)?
That's just based on spares/repairs engines I can find having asking prices of £300-350ish, heads asking £100-150 and blocks seem to be silly prices. Pistons around £15-25, con rods around £15.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Engine 1
If 1 bore needs rebore then they all will need it but as long as the crank is good and no bearing issue £500-600 I'd say is fair but that depends on how complete it is

Engine 2 upwards of £600 if it's only valve stem seals

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Engine 1
If 1 bore needs rebore then they all will need it but as long as the crank is good and no bearing issue £500-600 I'd say is fair but that depends on how complete it is

Engine 2 upwards of £600 if it's only valve stem seals
Cheers.

regarding Engine 1 - I was told theres two choices, have the 1 bore bored and a sleeve fitted so standard pistons can be used, or have them all bored and use oversized pistons. Afaik the rest of the engine is fine.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
If you can refine the bore cheap enough then no less than £500 I'd say for that engine

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone else?
Just want to make sure I get a good idea on value before going back to my mate, don't want to charge him too much but also don't want to give it away lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts