Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me! I have been following this guide:
http://www.r34gtt.net/r34howtoradio.html

however mine is a triptronic and I cant get the gear stick surround to come off - the rest is fine its just removing this so I can unscrew the unit the cd player/air con goes in.

Anyone got a better how to or any advice for removing this!?

Any help appreciated as my dash is currently in bits!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nvm, managed to get it off by prising all the edges open with a flathead.

Just need to wait for halfords to order the right bloody converter cable >.<

God damn car no one knows anything about it lol

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
Bloody nightmare mate,

My, Soon to be dead and buried, GTT had a new stereo 2 days before my crash, took me hours to sort it out!.

Some techie needs a slap for the layout of the centre console.

:spank:

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually now I've done it once its not too bad. the worry is dropping a screw into the depths of the dash or me being impatient and ripping out one of the tiptronic or clifford wires.

Hopefully halfords will hook me up with the right cable next time I go in~~~~

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
So people have managed to get the dash out then! I wanted to change the bulb colours on everything to red but gave up.

Will give it another go at a later date

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
Try using 2 flat heads one on either side diagonally. Worked for me and now it comes up everytime. Once you have this bit out the rest pretty much falls out. Mind you be careful you dont scratch the side when removing the heating vent. Ians warned about that on his site but i still managed to do it D'oh....

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah its pretty easy once you've done it - also on the auto when you lift the gear plastic bit up you can unplug the wire that goes to the button which enables the steering wheel gear selects and pull it out more for better access.

This really just removes the center cluster though, I dont know how you would get to the actual dash to change LEDs etc?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
screw drivers it is then.

I have had the gear surround and all that out before. Had to do some surgery to the proximity sensor which was driving me nuts

No more problems :devil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts