Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the Skyline is going this weekend.
Next owner would like the rear seats i removed refitting.

I just went to refit the rear seat belts and im not sure which mounting point goes where. There are 3 fixing points on the belts.
Does anyone have a photo of the rear interior showing the seat belts in place but without the rear seats fitted please?

Just want to make sure its all put back correctly.

Id like to do this tonight if at all possible! so any help appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also..
if anyone has removed the rear belts can you try pulling the belt out the reel when theyve been removed? Both of mine keep locking.. ?
Do they only extend when bolted in place?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well what dya know, bloody clever them japs!
the belts only extend when the unit is bolted in place. Must be some magnetic mech in there.
I can see where the belts mount now too..
only thing is..

how do i get the belt webbing and buckle through the removable seat belt feeder located in the rear panel??? (the small triangle shaped panel that clips in place that has a 'U' shaped feed the belt goes through)

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how do i get the belt webbing and buckle through the removable seat belt feeder located in the rear panel??? (the small triangle shaped panel that clips in place that has a 'U' shaped feed the belt goes through)
bump..
im clearly missing something.. in not possible to pass the belt and buckle through the feeder..
I took them out so it must be possible somehow!

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Rich the belts will go through the rar panel mate, took mine out when i retrimmed them with no problem. Just pop off the triangle thingy (great wording lol) and the belt will go through the hole then

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh thats it the triangle 'thingy' that just clips in to the pillar.. belt wont go through because the buckle it to big to fit through..
buckle wont slip off the end of the belt because of the metal mounting plate on the end (and theres also the little press stud in the belt)..

I know im being thick because i took the thing off in the first place.. its was a bit dark last night but i couldnt figure it out!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will go rich you just gota keep at it mate. If you was like you location say "in front of you" id show ya lol
you were right!
Job done.. rear seats and belts refitted.

It was one of those "there is no spoon" challenges lol!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts