Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some idiot has clamped my car. My space, I own it blah blah - the moan goes on...

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has some good pictures of the suspension arm / wishbone assembly....... :) :) :)

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
let the tyres down, then try to remove the clamp

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Different type of clamp mate, unfortunately.... it's a chain jobby which has been thread around the wishbone. Got a feeling that it may just be one bolt but i need to see a pic so I know what I'm doing.... I wish it WAS that simple!! :)

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Hit the local industrial rental place, get a big old stillsaw or grinder, and return the clamp to it's owner, in 20 pieces.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:eek: Criminal damage !!! Not my cuppa tea... was hoping to find some pictures of the assembly - tried the search facility to no avail... Anyone any ideas?

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
if you can wait till tomorrow i will take some for you :)

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
there are some on here if you have a look inthe sticky section . as far as i know as long as you can get it off ans give it back undamaged then nothing further will be done in law.....though the might try and return and reclamp.

i would imagine you need to have the wheel off to ge the wish bone or the axel stub'hub assmebly off .

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
100% right or if you break the pad lock off and return the clamp & buy a new lock and provide clamp owner with the keys nothing can be done

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mate, if you could would be fantastic. I've given them til wednesday to sort themselves out (in the meantime, i've wedged my motor between two others to stop the [email protected] towing her away or adding another clamp).

It seems to be one horizontal bolt which doubles as a hinge i think... that making any sense to you?

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Does he actually own the space?? Corporate or residential?

Has he damaged your car in anyway?

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
you dont say if its and auto or 4wd ...cos if its either and he attempts a tow hes gonna get a huge bill for transmission damage.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, it's my space!
I even had my permit on display as they request. It's vindictive as I have cancelled the companies right to clamp here and they are obvioulsy milking it. The contract (which I never signed nor agreed to) ended today, and they haven't even been to take their signs down yet....

:wtf:

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
well your within your right in my eyes to remove it or call the police and they should be able to make them remove it as it sounds to me like they have ilegaly clamped your car

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool, the situation is this (excuse my cack drawing skills).

So, if i undo the bolt to the right circled in red, will i be able to unhook the chain? Will it cause any damage to my car and do i need any special tools?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 50 Posts