Skyline Owners Forum banner

HELP Rust!!!!

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  R33 2498st 
#1 ·
good morning boys and girls been awhile since being on her what with getting married and buying my first home.
as the title says my pride and joy has the evil rust beginning.
on both rear arches, drivers door and the suspension turrets.
three body shops have said no all ready.
Juilan at Garage D WILL HOPEFULLY be willing to do the suspension turrets but dont wont to get involved with the arches and doors. ( understand as they are not a bodyshop)
the three bodyshops have told me even if we cut the rust out and put fresh metal in it will rust again in a year as all three have had this happen to them.
is that true?
im in London so anyone know anyone in or near London who has done this before with the no problems.

please people i really need to get the rust dealt with or else my wife wins and i have no choice but to get rid of my pride and joy.

ps i dont come on here much so ill apologie if i dont reply till much later.

thank you all in advice in advance

See less See more
#2 ·
if they rust again after being repaired then there **** at what they do its thats simple, when body repairs are done correctly then rust wont return.

what you may find is that the rust is coming from the inner arches.

right now im knee deep in a restoration that has me removing rear windows, cutting off both rear outer arches,cutting out and replacing both rear inner arches,both inner sills,both outer sills,repairs to rear arches then refit to car, repairs to both floors and general tidy up of the car.

i am not a panel beater or have many years experiance working on bodys but what i can do is apply myself to any job and it also helps when i have the correct panels from nissan to fit and i am using galvanised metal for all repairs. it will then go to a body shop for full paint.

if a body shop who works on cars all day say it will rust again its due to them being shite at there work

Reactions: Uremah
#3 ·
I will backup the man above.

When rust is being cut out, it has to be taken back to completely cleand and rust/dust/anything free steel.

New patches/panels are then welded in, again making sure everything is done cleanly and then fully sealed off with the correct products so that there are no tiny little gaps or places for rust to return.

After that and with correct painting procedures rust will not return.

If it does then it's simply a poor repair.

I know loads of bodyshops but for rust repairs I wouldn't use any of them, it really does need the correct time and preparation and most places do things too quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.