Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
no fun in straight lines
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sold my scooby and bought myself a 94 r33 skyline 2.5 turbo GTS. have noticed a few thinks which may make me think iv bought a lemon!!!!!

notice the engine bay on one side rather oily!this is due to oil coming from the hks dumpvalve,
when im really sending her on and change gear there is a lot of blue smoke on over-run. :devil:

so what is the most lightly cause?oil pressure gauge is working and there dont seem to be any problem with the oil pressure.so im thinking turbo or valve stem oil seals.

also can anyone tell me what model of engine it is that i av???

·
Peppered schlong
860 Posts
Could b turbo seals, when does boost start?
Could also b pistons, or and piston rings by the soundz of fingz. The same thing happened to me after 5 months of ownership! When u come off boost and the pressure releases oil mists out of the bov and covers the hot tubby, then u get lots of smoke.
Is it ok if u drive it off boost?
U have an RB25 DET ECR33

·
no fun in straight lines
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she is ok driving off boost, noticed last night that when i was driving her hard she really belted it out when accellerating and the engine bay was covered with oil out of the dumpvalve

·
Peppered schlong
860 Posts
Don't like to say it Dervdoc, but that really sounds like piston problems! Don't drive it till u get it checked out, do a compression test asap!!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
My next question has taken some time to formulate..

Did you not consider test driving the vehicle prior to purchase?

Aitch

·
Registered
67 Posts
just take the engine breather hose and put it into oil can catch,then put it on track and test for a while.if smoke will come again that means rings or seal.i v got the same.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
blue smoke = dead turbo.......... oil out of dv = dead turbo ......

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Best do a cyclinder pressure test and a leakage test that way your know if its engine or turbo.

·
Registered
912 Posts
i got smoke and misfire? was running fine until i was in the drive i let her worm up a bit an give bit of rev! i know shouldn't but it sounded sweet.

iv taken my standard plugs out give them a clean and had a bit of fuel on them and smelt fuel to.... give them a clean put them back an still the same wot now? help! cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts