Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just been under the bonnet fiddling with bov and noticed there is a burnning smell and smoke comming up from were the oil dipstick is on the auto box but cant see a leek any were, not knowing much about auto box's any ideas?
my own thought was change oil in box but thought ide check on here first incase it requiers more attention first

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Well not had much to do with these myself, however if there is smoke coming out of the dipstick for the auto box, then it sounds like it is burning its oil which is very bad. Had you just been for a drive before hand?? Not sure of the procedure for checking the oil level, whether it has to be hot or cold etc as they may be different from the autos i work on,but i would be checking it asap.

·
Seasoned Member
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yes had just been driving it was waiting for the engine to cool dow to check oil. gear box works fine not noticed any probs but very sensitve to change down a gear put foot flat to floor and drops 2 gears
first auto i had so not sure if thats normal

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
The dropping 2 gears sounds normal, as you would be using the "kickdown". function. However the burning and smoke is not normal. It could be simply a slight leak which is burning off when the gear box gets hot, but i would advise you get the thing looked at.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Smell the auto fluid on the dipstick. If it smells burnt then you may need to start looking at autobox rebuilds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts