Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i have just fitted in my 1st proper mod which is an 3.5 inch turbo back exhaust...I realised i feel a big gain of boost, however my engine warms up rather quickly than before i had it...Also my bonnet seems to be heated up more...is this normal????

Also i have this wynding type noise coming from the back seat of the car whilst the engine is on...have no idea what it is...any ideaz???

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry to give such sh!tty description on the whistling type noise from the back seat area of the car...

At the moment my back seat area has been stripped off to put in back speakers, and whilst putting back speakers in i pulled out the battery from the boot and also removed the object on the right of the battery which is mounted up where the speakers are.

First of all what is that object???

And is this whistling or winding noise coming from that "object" or where do u think???

By the way i couldn't mount that "object" back on and the back seats are still stripped...BTW this didn't happen b4 i removed the mounted "Object"...

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
the noise from the rear is probably the fuel pump,the gtr ones are loud.
the "object" is the hicas ecu if its in the boot and the ariel booster if its the little one in the cabin

the extra heat is probably from the extra right foot you are using to hear your new exhaust!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot for your reply and help...but the winding type noise is actually quite soft and annoying but you can still hear it when idling...It never happened before the hicas ecu was un-mounted from the top in the boot...Im quite worried and concerned...

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
the noise from the rear is probably the fuel pump,the gtr ones are loud.
the "object" is the hicas ecu if its in the boot and the ariel booster if its the little one in the cabin

the extra heat is probably from the extra right foot you are using to hear your new exhaust!!
i agree with this too

you say it didn't happen before but you didn't have your seats out before either

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.