Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all my apologies if this is in the wrong place. I did think about posting it in the South East meets section.

I'm holding out very little hope of anything coming of this but I have to ask.

I'm in the market for an R33 GTR, I was reading the buyers guide on this site and there's a comment at the end there that says that even a bad Skyline can feel good if you never driven one before.

Is there anyone around Reading that would be willing to let me test drive their car? Ideally a GTR. I'm not asking if I can hoon it around Silverstone but it would be good to have driven one in good condition before I start test driving in earnest.

-Grant

·
Registered
412 Posts
i'm down in bracknell, mines not a gtr but a r33 gtst, i'm sure i can find some time at the weekend to give you a spin in her

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
I am in Bracknell too.... can I have a go as well please....:angel: :D

I have had a good 33 GTR and can tell you what one feels like....now drive a 32 GTR.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
A passenger ride and having a chance to have a chat with a real enthusiast would be bloody brilliant. if anyone is free this weekend coming I would really appreciate it.

Please do send me a PM if you are available to meet up.

I should say also I'm not a complete gimp either, until recently I owned a Stage 1 200SX S14a I say this only so you realise I know a little of what I'm talking about, although with all this 2 door/4 door/ GTS / GTS-T / GTR business I do feel a little out of my depth :D

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Name the time and the place... any time Sunday PM... my son is playing football in the morning...

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
Name the time and the place... any time Sunday PM... my son is playing football in the morning...
if you guys work out the best place to meet then ill find it, what about the place where the reading meet is, in the business park or someting i think b&q, macdonalds etc are there.....:D

or post up for a mini meet at that place we may get a few there....say 3pm

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
I'm well up for a mini meet, time to start a list? B+Q sounds good location but could be very busy but I'm sure we will find room in the corner or something... Might I get a ride in your BigChief, pretty please! Last time I saw you in was in the running in stage..

BigChief
AppleJack
Japtastic

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you guys are up for it that would be awesome, hope you don't mind a Skyline noob with some questions :) I have a charity 10k run in Mortimer in the morning but will definitely be up for something in the afternoon. The Comet car park might be a good place as it's easy to get to and hopefully won't be too busy on Sunday afternoon.

Unless of course Reading are playing at home? Does anyone know?

·
4,143 Posts
il be there lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
keith then i can go out in your car and i would be so pleased if applejack would take me for a spin in yours as there both about the power but i want to see the diffrence from gtr and gts at that state of tune;)

·
Registered
412 Posts
morning sucks for me as my son's only 5 days old now, the afternoon would be cool though. comet does get a bit of the fuzz's attention though. what about the big tesco, it's a little harder to get to but doesn't have any barriers and as long as you don't dik about too much they'll leave you alone, or even though its a bit out of the way the over flow car park for the cinema in winnersh, theirs an ok pub near by aswell plus its totall secluded?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts