Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Did a search but still clueless lol.

Im fitting my turbo timer, my avcr and a switch in my gearstick surround, so far ive cut a big rectangle hole in it to get rid of the astray and cigarette lighter.

How do I now go about filling the hole and fixing the avcr, turbo timer and switch in? Im guessing draw around all three items and cut out but not sure if that will suffice to keep them in place?

I have no idea what to use to fill the hole in either.

Any advise and tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Andy

·
Terry
2,073 Posts
Hi all,

Did a search but still clueless lol.

Im fitting my turbo timer, my avcr and a switch in my gearstick surround, so far ive cut a big rectangle hole in it to get rid of the astray and cigarette lighter.

How do I now go about filling the hole and fixing the avcr, turbo timer and switch in? Im guessing draw around all three items and cut out but not sure if that will suffice to keep them in place?

I have no idea what to use to fill the hole in either.

Any advise and tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Andy
Well I would look at getting a peice of plastic slightly larger than the rectangle
that will fit behind the hole you cut out, mark out and cut out the holes required in the plastic to fit your bits and then either glue/bond the new bit into place or... use 4 screws one in each corner to secure it. Which ever way make sure you leave enough wiring etc so that you can pull the whole thing out at a later date to service it or if you want to make any changes. Thats one way...what do others suggest?

One downside to fitting equipment there is the fact that the gear lever may obstruct your view of the readouts, something I know about as I fitted a guage where the cigarette lighter was and can't see the readouts

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
yeah agree with the larger piece/bonding in place trick Tww there suggests.

it were set up like that in mine originally and I just couldn´t keep my eye on it esp. during hard driving. I have it in the glovebox now and I just use it to watch occasionally. The wire reaches to a phone holder so I can just whip it out, pop it in phone holder and floor n watch. not tidy but not fussed ...got a boost gauge in dash pod anyway.

·
Seasoned Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah agree with the larger piece/bonding in place trick Tww there suggests.

it were set up like that in mine originally and I just couldn´t keep my eye on it esp. during hard driving. I have it in the glovebox now and I just use it to watch occasionally. The wire reaches to a phone holder so I can just whip it out, pop it in phone holder and floor n watch. not tidy but not fussed ...got a boost gauge in dash pod anyway.
Good point there about not easy to see, didn't think of that. I want it flushed fit so it looks original but also easy to read if possible any ideas? I liked the one Myki did with the 3 gauges what are those vents used for?

If I use glass fibre is the pre mixed p40 stuff any good as no idea using any other stuff lol?

Thanks
Andy

·
Terry
2,073 Posts
Good point there about not easy to see, didn't think of that. I want it flushed fit so it looks original but also easy to read if possible any ideas? I liked the one Myki did with the 3 gauges what are those vents used for?

If I use glass fibre is the pre mixed p40 stuff any good as no idea using any other stuff lol?

Thanks
Andy
I have a single din radio and a small cubby hole underneath where I have my boost controller fitted bit I have seen this spaced used to house 3 guages similar to the GTRs I believe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.