Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people,

Just had this fitted today, all seems to be wired up fine, the 12v had been tested but it still doesnt seem to work. Basically there is no power light on the unit when the engine is turned on, the yellow and green wires have been swapped over. Any ideas? Im thinking maybe its a faulty unit.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i just read that also, just been out to try it, set both knobs to 1 which i think it 2500rpm and still nothing, tried it with handbreak on and off :(

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
It's only a "In case you're stone deaf and can't hear WW3 erupting 4ft behind you causing dogs to bark, kids to cry and Grannies to keel over - You've just hit the Limiter" Light!

When you say it doesn't work how have you tested it and what settings have got on the 3 dials?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, well we set the red and yellow knobs to 1 and the yellow knob to 1 so small bang, revved the car to around 3-4rpm and nothing happens at all. everything else works fine

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
i cant be arsed to look outside at mine :) set red to number of revs for the limit, less of this one business up it to 5 or something then the right hand knob i have set on about 4, i havent wired the white knob into anything yet, didnt bother doing my handbrake.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
exhaust was cold, but the i shoul still here the rev limiter and see the light shouldnt i?

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
i dont know, when i set mine to one (to stop theives driving off) i forgot i had it set low and it drove ok, just a little pop so try setting it as up above, warm engine up and give it a whirl :) not many people would want there engine limiting to 2.5k revs i guess

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool, ill give that a try tomorrow, give it a good warm up and then drive it at a higher rev. Thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
the light only comes on when u hit the rev limit.....it will not work at a standstill unless u connect the white wire to the h/brake, which is what the white dial is for.
Set the red to 5 and the gain to the same, warm the car up for ten/fifteen mins
then give it a go

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
palmer7 said:
it will not work at a standstill unless u connect the white wire to the h/brake, which is what the white dial is for.
it will work at a standstill without the white one, if red knob is set to whatever and you rev it up to that then it still cuts in moving or not, unless i got really confused and thats what you meant :)

im going to do what bryn suggested and have the white wire hooked upto a switch (maybe on steering wheel) so i can use it when i want

·
Registered
10 Posts
What car is this on m8?

I fitted mine to my 32 GTR and DIDNT swap the green and yellow wires, as it wouldnt work that way.

Green - Pin 52
Yellow - Pin 51

The live ECU power output (pin 59) wont show live untill something is wired to it, thats what we found anyway.

Earth - ECU earth (Pin 60)

The red light on the BeeR unit flashes when the limiter activates, you dont have to be moving or have the handbrake on for the limiter to activate on the RED knob. If you wire the white wire to your handbrake light this can be used as launch control and is adjusted by the white knob in the same way as the Red knob, but only activates when handbrake is on obviously.

If the GAIN knob is at 0, the limiter wont cut in.

I have mine set at -

Red - 9 (7k)
White - 5 (5k)
Yellow - 8 (loud bang and flamage!)

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its on a 33 gtr mate, we also swapped the yellow and green wires over but still the same thing

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you checked your in the right pins?

The diagram I got with my limiter showing the ecu pinouts is incorrect, as it shows that the pins to be used are on the top row of the ecu plug, when in fact they are on the bottom row of the plug.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts