Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all this is my first post sorry it has to be one for help but im having problems with the door locking mechanism on my r33 gtst drivers door the lock works fine but the mechanism wont lock the door from inside or outside with the key or the remote fob i was just wondering if it was a common fault that can be fixed or do i have to buy a new unit
any help would be most welcome as this is my first skyline and ive only had it just over a week dont realy need problems this early in our relationship lol
cheers
paul

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
that wont do anything japtastic if the actual lock part is bust. mine is on the pass side and it wont unlock so its now lock mechanism time :(

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hang on it's a manual rod type if I remember, basically take the door card off and see what's going on.
I agree^^^with the door card off you should be able to lock/unlock
and open the door manually by hand then you can suss out what is
wrong with it.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
not if the lock is bust, the rods wont do nowt, trust me i tried to sort mine out for a hour!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
i have a similar problem thats equally annoying. My lock works, when i insert the key it locks, and when i push the lock in manually it works, but when i push the electronic button, only the passenger lock works.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone for help ive had the door card off and all the rods are connected and work from the handle/lock both inside and out untill it gets to the mechanism inside the door it just isnt connecting inside it
i have just found a replacement from a guy in kent for £25 so hopefully this will sort it
many thanks to all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts