Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My front suspension struts have this thingy on top. The top wheel has a little window (arrowed) which shows a number from 1-6 - what does this adjust ? It doesn't stop at 6, it goes round to 1 again - is that adding more of whatever it is or does it just have 6 settings ?

What about the black collar with the white numbers ? Is that the preload ? How do I adjust it ? I can't see what the numbers on this are meant to line up with so I don't know what setting it's currently on.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't just be rebound, there's actually 2 dials there. The top knurled bit turns and you can see a number for it through the little window where the arrow is. The black and white ring has it's own set of numbers.

Yes, the back has dials as well, but just one on each (at least only one that's extended up through the real parcel shelf).

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
in that case looks like adjustable bump and rebound on the front and just rebound on the rear (when you can adjust one of the two its normally rebound). sweet and expensive probably ya lucky bugger

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found email addresses for three companies who sell the stuff and have mailed them, hopefully at least one will come up trumps.

If that doesn't work then I need to find a translator - I have the original manual but there are very few diagrams and it's all in japanese.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts