Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
im sorry if this comes across as stupid but im after having a dump valve fitted to my skyline its a 1995 RB25DET engine,
Im not sure what to buy, i have been looking around but am a bit confused on what i need, i seen this Dedicated GTS-T BOV / Dump Valve from Conceptua Tuning on ebay, looks great!,but i am stuck on what i need,
Can anyone recommend a complete kit, or were to look for one? and also does it have to be fitted by a mechanic?

Thanks

Vic

·
Banned
1,640 Posts
go for an HKS SSQV one mate - seem to be the very best and dont cause the usual idle/stalling issues.

check out Nismods they have a group buy going ;)

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
You will get stalling with most vta's unfortunately. Some of them come with optional recirculation kits like the SSQV, Greddy RS and probably a few others. Any particular reason you want to change your bov? The stock one is very good.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will get stalling with most vta's unfortunately. Some of them come with optional recirculation kits like the SSQV, Greddy RS and probably a few others. Any particular reason you want to change your bov? The stock one is very good.
sorry im gonna sound stupid but whats the stock one?
thanks

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
stock bov is fine to stick with unless you want all the noises associated with an aftermarket bov or you have a issue with the one in the engine already, an aftermarket bov brings no performance gains either

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
the oem one is good for upto 400bhp. dont change it, just leave the oem one on. it sound much nicer than aftermarket ones.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
your mpg will get worse with a vta too.

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
if you've got a stock recirc on stick with that mate and enjoy the car. I've got blitz supersound one (looks like a little trumpet) and it sounds immense but sometimes does my nut in. I've got an apexi neo and that needs a fair amount of dec air to keep the car from stalling at lights - if I turn the neo off and drive lightly (ie: off boost) it'll still stall at lights. If your planning on getting sommething like an safc or a neo then you can solvethe prob with any bov and a bit of fiddling but if its sailing sweet dont rock the boat :)

boat... skyline... liner hmmm...
*awaits flaming*

·
Registered
647 Posts
just tried the recirc on my ssqv but missed the noise lol. the recirc fitting effectively turns your ssqv into an uprated? recirc bov. virtually no noise at all mate. the new ones don't come with the recirc fitting included, you have to buy it seperately

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Bov

SSQV all the way......:booty:i just love making noise:crazy:kinda gives pedestrians a chance to stay well in by the wall as im approaching them..Ha ha
never ever stalled once....i think thats a myth....

·
Registered
647 Posts
used to have an arc bov on mine. nightmare trying to blip the throttle everytime you pull up at lights, made me look a right show off.

love dumping air just as you pass people/oaps. scares the crap outta them ha ha

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
dump valve

to be honest i try to avoid frightning OAP,s......wouldnt want one of them to get a banger.....
i just love the excess air being dumped to atmos...iam a mechanic so i do get all excited about the whole compressed/boosted air cycle...i mean is it not a beautiful sound??????????eeesspeciallly going down the tunnel:crazy:

·
Registered
647 Posts
have you seen some of those oaps drive mate? dawdling about, cutting people up and then pretending you're not there, denting cars in car parks with their doors etc etc.

the one way system in my town confuses the hell out of them. they keep swapping lanes all the bloody time for no reason. if all our cars are loud and nasty looking they might think twice about clogging up our roads.

SSQV's are defo the way to go. great noise

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
dump valve

have you seen some of those oaps drive mate? dawdling about, cutting people up and then pretending you're not there, denting cars in car parks with their doors etc etc.

the one way system in my town confuses the hell out of them. they keep swapping lanes all the bloody time for no reason. if all our cars are loud and nasty looking they might think twice about clogging up our roads.

SSQV's are defo the way to go. great noise
agree 100%....anybody want a help piping and so on PM me i have fitted 3 or 4 in the last 3 months...
not all to my car...Ha Ha:booty:

·
Registered
655 Posts
I got the HKS SSVQ fitted to mine last week - man on full boost that things loud! The amount of air which must come through it, I hope it don't blow my bonnet off!! On the other hand driving at low boost, its not too loud, and makes a nice little chatter.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts