Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
glynn
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished modding my car for stage 1 minus the remap and im having problems with the car when its run on .85 bar on the gizzmo boost controller. The car seems to develop a missfire at high revs and dont have a clue why its doing it. Changed the plugs to ngk 7 iridiums hoping that would cure it but nope. Was wondering if it was hitting the fuel cut on the ecu but its just a guess... Any one else had this problem or has ny 1 got ny ideas? help would be great. cheers........

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Lol....

Search missfire....

Or even check the threads below yours.

I seriously doubt its fuel cut as there normally very good with stage 1 mods even without remaps..

Have you tried an ecu reset?

My money is your standard coilpacks breaking down due to the extra heat/stress and cold weather ;)...

Uprated coils can be bought from Rising Sun Performance as they have there own brand, or you can get some Splitfires which are very common on here, lol..

·
glynn
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK yer i noticed the post after id done it but if its the coil packs then why doesnt it do it on the lower boost settings? U think its the extra heat and strain?

·
glynn
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok i will try reseting the ecu first how do you do it? cheers for the help.

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,705 Posts
stage 1 mods and no remap = overfueling.....

upgrading/replacing the coilpacks may only mask the actual problem

how many miles/kms do you get to a full tank? have you noticed a reduction in this since you got your stage 1 mods

·
glynn
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im confused now wat is it then over fueling or the coil packs breaking down or both?

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
it will be overfuelling but the missfire is going to be down to the coilpacks,the overfuelling comes from the second stage of boost the standard nissan map has and you get a dump of extra fuel about 4k

·
glynn
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dont you get rid of that when you change the solienode (excuse da spelling) for the boost controller? ie so you dont have high boost low boost you just have the diffrent settings that you put on the gizzmo boost controller?

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
the nissan ecu is written for two stage boost,controlling the boost via a bleed valve or ebc wont change the map,only the boost levels

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Search ecu reset but in a nut shell

Disconnect the battery and pump brake a few times to completely drain it, this will effectively wipe the memory of the ecu and reset it to 'learn' again.

It will not change the map but you should benefit from it.

My thinking is

Coil packs

Re map

Afm

Fuel pump (although you said you had done stage one)

·
glynn
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yep dun the fuel pump nd put a 255 in havnt realy noticed a diffrence in petrol use so looks like r i will have to try the coil packs then. Any one no wat the average price of a cambelt chage is as this needs doing as well. I now no how deep your pockets actually have to be when u own a skyline ha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts