Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a long shot but wondered if anyone could help?

Basically i just lost my 3 years no claims as i had an accident in that snow we had over Christmas and now they want £2089 for me to insure my 1989 Nissan Skyline GTR. I have had quotes form everywhere including Dan (a-plan) and adrianflux.

Any suggestions appreciated that don't require me to sell my car.

pure_jax

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
I know its a long shot but wondered if anyone could help?

Basically i just lost my 3 years no claims as i had an accident in that snow we had over Christmas and now they want £2089 for me to insure my 1989 Nissan Skyline GTR. I have had quotes form everywhere including Dan (a-plan) and adrianflux.

Any suggestions appreciated that don't require me to sell my car.

pure_jax

With that extra claim its not going to be easy mate.

I was on the phone for ages trying to get that agreed, and all the underwriters said no.

I cant think of any companies who could help.

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Protected NCB doesn't always make sense financially; your premium always goes up if you claim whatever, and sometimes the extra you pay for protection is more (over a few years) than not having it. Always depends on individual circumstances though.

Can't help with getting you a cheap quote though, I'm afriad. Hope you get a decent price somewhere.

I take it you're young? Have you considered getting extra tuition (pass plus or whatever)?

Dan may advise what you can do to lower the premium. Any points or similar? You may just have to wait I'm afriad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.