Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i am really showing my retardedness (no smart comments buster!) i got one of those adapter plugs for my jvc stereo so it can be hooked upto my R32....but nothing from the headunit! (its a new one..but i lost the manual!!) so i got the wiring diagram for the car....and now im completely lost!!

i really wana install it myself but have no idea!!

any help guys?

thanks

phrozen

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
Check that you have got a good earth, if necessary wire in an extra one. Also do the simple stuff like check the fuses etc

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Where abouts are you Phrozen and can you give a little more detail as to what you mean? Are you saying that the cable block is still in the R32 and you've bought an adapter cable to convert english cable block to jap cable block but there is no cable block coming from the stereo or something completely different? If you're anywhere near me I'll try and come and help as I've wired in hundreds of stereos in different cars. Everything from a Ford Capri where I had to create the wiring myself to my old GTS-T where I just had to buy a cable block converter and plug n play.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whoa cheerz mate! im off to vienna on thursday so il get in contact when i come back?
il take a photo of what i mean mate, basically the block that the car comes with plugs into this convertor i bought (makes it fit my stereo) and when i hook it all up, nothing happens!

phrozen

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
In that case you need to check that the fuse is plugged into the back of the stereo. If it's plugged into the stereo then you need to check it hasn't blown and if it hasn't blown you need to check the fuses under your steering wheel, I think it's the 3rd along but not positive so check them all as it's most likely the audio one has blown. Enjoy vienna.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts