Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
'NISMO' 350GT
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tried to change the turbo unit on our R33 - snapped a bolt - so put it all back to how it was and now the car struggles to start and once it does, it just tries to stall constantly. Can't pull away at all as nothing bites, and there's no power.
I have not changed anything from how it was before and everything is connected.

ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS AT ALL???????

Hope you can help, Nick and Jacquie.

·
'NISMO' 350GT
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No none at all - sheared a bolt off the exhaust side of the turbo, but that's it - everything is back on as it was.
I thought it might just be the oil being pumped back through the system but it has warmed up and still doing it. Will rev freely above 2000rpm, but VERY lumpy below that and i have to pump the throttle to stop it stalling. Try putting it in gear while above 2k but it just doesn't have the power to pull away.
Gonna have to get it towed to a garage for them to sort if i can't work it out :eek:(

·
Registered
149 Posts
No none at all - sheared a bolt off the exhaust side of the turbo, but that's it - everything is back on as it was.
You must have left something off otherwise the card would run ok. Check all the pipework and make sure it is all securely in place and the clips are nice and tight. Next check all electrical connections, in particular the oxygen sensor on the dump pipe and the airflow meter. HTH.

:)

·
'NISMO' 350GT
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the car running rich now?
Very rich yes.

I'll have another look at the pipework/connectors tomorrow - but keeping feeding me suggestions - all much appreciated.

·
Registered
781 Posts
lambda sensor not plugged back in i would have a guess at, if its plugged in, try unpluging it, spraying a bit of WD40 in both sides of the plug and then plug it back in.

·
'NISMO' 350GT
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lambda sensor not plugged back in i would have a guess at, if its plugged in, try unpluging it, spraying a bit of WD40 in both sides of the plug and then plug it back in.
Erm, where do i find that? Is that the one that is plugged into the exhaust?

·
'NISMO' 350GT
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've checked all pipes and connections, but can't get the Lambda sensor off to clean - so i guess it might be that, although it was not fiddled with during what i was doing to change the turbo. I have cleaned up the connector, but still got the same problem of over fuelling and no power. Will rev freely above 2k rpm, but lumpy as hell beneath and have to keep blipping the throttle to make it run at all.
Will try an ECU reset, just on the off chance

:werd:

·
'NISMO' 350GT
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
could be your afm
right - i have checked all pipes and they are fully secure with no leaks, as far as i can tell.
i have disconnected the AFM and it starts and idles nicely, but no power as you would expect. would this mean the AFM has died coincidentally at same time as me working on the car?

new AFM time?

any feedback gatefully received - nick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.