Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive not had much time on my hands for trying new things but heres a couple of parts that i`m just about to test out. While working on a few other parts for owners on here i`ve been playing around with some different types of resin so its given me a chance to finish off a cam cover plus a coilpack cover so i can get on and test the stuff againsts engine temps.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats just what i`m about to find out lol. I think the coil pack cover will be fine as its wet overlayed on to the original which doesnt seem to get that hot tbh. The cam cover will be an interesting one , i`ve only covered the one on the exhaust side as it will get the most heat just to see what happens. If all goes well i will do the other side to match.

Watch this space lol.

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
Would be interested chucking a GTT coilpack cover your way mate, need to pay JDM to respray engine first as my pink has "melted".

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
steve i hate you :D let me know what the cam covers are like after the heat test.

also pm me a price on winddeflectors too please, have a set here you can cover, :D

got a price here of over €200 :(

I will indeed pm you matey.

In the meantime heres some pic`s of the cam cover fitted and on test :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
cam cover looks the dogs danglies mate :)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks mate,

Its not fully finished as i didnt see the point if it doesnt hold up to the heat but it gives you an idea of how it will look .

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,041 Posts

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
Would be interested chucking a GTT coilpack cover your way mate, need to pay JDM to respray engine first as my pink has "melted".

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
pedaltothemetal
972 Posts
Looks real good Steve. Liking the coil cover would look better in my bay though.

Ross i understand the wig on parade day now lol.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I`ve not been able to test it much as my car has been off the road for about 9 week now but i`m fairly sure that the resin will not stay stuck to the cam cover . I will keep you posted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts