Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
slightly seasoned Skyline Owner
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I need to pick your brains.

The car has been hesitant all over the rev range but mostly over the 3-4K mark. I've done the coil packs (changed to splitfires) done the plugs about a month or two ago and it was running fine until about the time I did the speedo conversion now it stutters and hesitates. So I searched....

I checked the afm and it seemed clear so I re-soldered the contact points as suggested in the Fix the Afm thread.

Then today I sprayed some carb cleaner onto the afm wire thingy, got a bout 2 miles down the road and it stalled and now wont restart.

I've had to be towed home by the AA. (Best £50 spent on the car to date)

So wealth of information.. What is it and what do I do next?
Could it be the ignition amplifier? The Afm? or other?

Also speaking of Afms is there any probs with fitting the Q45 on a stock engine or would it need mapped?

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
it was running fine until about the time I did the speedo conversion now it stutters and hesitates.
so why are you looking at all the other things :confused:

i would say your problem is with your speedo convertion, what have you used or done?

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just the speedo conversion, ie the soldering of the adj pads and the cutting of pesl. tbh I don't think its that, but I may try resetting it to how it was to see if that is the problem.

It now wont start? I don't think doing the dash conversion would mess with the car that much or would it?, i actually think its something to do with the carb cleaner and the afm as that is what I did just before it kaputted.

My mechanic will have a look tommorrow and we'll see, just thought someone may have some clues.

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just a quick ending.

Yesterday I bought an uprated Walbro pump from Vicky at Temple Tuning. Arrived today and cars running again. :)

Thanks Vicky,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts