Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the R34, I wanted one ever since 2F2F and NFSU dropped back in 2003 (yeah I'm one of those idiots)...

I've seen recent prices of R34 GTRs going through the roof, putting them way way beyond my budget, but what I didn't know was that GTT was strangely affordable.

Not looking to buy one right this second, but I'm now thinking of whether to go with a 370z or get a R34 GTT as my next car (only 104k on my Miata, so it has life in it still)...

1. What are some of the things to look for when checking out GTTs?
  2. Anything to be weary of in addition to the standard MOT advisories etc?
  3. What should I expect to be paying for one?
P.S - I'm in the UK, and I'm not buying a riced out GTT with fake GTR body on it get that **** away from me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Depends on how nice it is and where you buy from. It's often cheaper to import one yourself than to buy one already imported, because you are paying for their time and effort to get it there.

Based on my personal experience buying from Japanese auction, R34 GTTs go for between 12m and 26m yen.

Things that really Jack up the price are rust free, all original parts (no mods), mechanically good, and low mileage. Mint condition cars with less than 50k km have gone for about 24m to 26m yen in the last few weeks

There has been an uptick in cars not meeting high reserves, probably due to them becoming legal for import to the us soon. However negotiation after a bid ends is also possible.

On the other end of the spectrum a car with some rust and accident history usually goes for the lower 10m yen mark, depending on severity of issues.

I personally chose one that needed some body work and was modded but was low rust and mechanically sound. Just remember that the less you spend buying the car at auction, the more you are going to have to invest of your money and time after you get it. Mileage is really only important if you plan on holding it to resell later. If the car was well cared for then a 200k km car can be nicer than a 30k car.

If you do decide to go through with it I highly recommend using an exporter who can translate auction papers and arrange paperwork/do inspections/bid for you. If not you're going in blind.

I love the R34, I wanted one ever since 2F2F and NFSU dropped back in 2003 (yeah I'm one of those idiots)...

I've seen recent prices of R34 GTRs going through the roof, putting them way way beyond my budget, but what I didn't know was that GTT was strangely affordable.

Not looking to buy one right this second, but I'm now thinking of whether to go with a 370z or get a R34 GTT as my next car (only 104k on my Miata, so it has life in it still)...

1. What are some of the things to look for when checking out GTTs?
  2. Anything to be weary of in addition to the standard MOT advisories etc?
  3. What should I expect to be paying for one?
P.S - I'm in the UK, and I'm not buying a riced out GTT with fake GTR body on it get that **** away from me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts