Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just purchased my 1st Nissan Skyline R32 GTR over the weekend...Its Awesome!

The car is almost totally standard and has only done 68k apart from an HKS superdragger exhaust and a HKS Turbo timer.

I would be very grateful if someone could offer some advice on where the best place to get my car serviced also recommended mods...However i would like to keep standard if poss...Finally i have a couple of tiny rust patches and stone chips and wondered if anyone knew a good place to have these looked at? I can get the paint no problem.

Please bear in mind i live in Suffolk (East Anglia).

Thank you all for your time!!!

Regards,

Alan Jackson

·
Registered
490 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Just have a read on the forums, plenty of information for all the questions you are asking. Also you should stop by and have a visit when all the East Anglia guys get together, sure anyone will be willing to answer any questions you have there as well.

There is a meet this weekend in the East Anglia section. You should stop by and say hello. Especially since you just purchased the car i know you car to give it a good drive :)

·
In dentibus anticis frustum magnum spiniciae habes
9,524 Posts
welcome mate, get some pics up, i am sure ur local area rep will give u a shout and help you out, for parts give Paul at Japspeed a shout, I would recommend Checkpoint for your tuning needs, but as u are in Englandshire, you will probably end up at Rising Sun Performance.

All the best mate and again, welcome

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mate, What pics do you mean of the car or avatars? lol

I hear alot about rising sun however its near southend isn't it? about 200 miles from where i live?

Regards,

Alan

·
Registered
137 Posts
ello m8, ive always used gtart down in lewis, for all my servicing and engine mods, i stand by them all the way, garry is the daddy at what he does, and as for the body work i use drift shack down near brands hatch, they are a top lot down there an good at what they do.

·
Seasoned Member
753 Posts
hi alan

welcome along to the forum, where abouts in suffolk are you?

theres 2 places id suggest for servicing etc if you wanna stay local.

those are APT in norwich, yesterday we had a rolling road day there and they are a great bunch of guys

http://www.ap-tuning.co.uk/

or in beccles theres Henstead motorsport who look after my g/f's RX 7 and their work is spot on.

http://www.henstead-motorsport.co.uk/

really depends on how far you wanna travel and where you are in the area

make sure you get a few pics up of your car and keep an eye on the local threads for meets etc

Phil :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uploaded a few photos however these are the ones from pistonheads where i brought it from over the weekend i will post some more soon only have a 7.1MP camera tho :-(

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi Alan, have used both garages and i would also recommend them ,hand on heart,where in Suffolk im near Sizewell so is my mate we both have r33 gtrs,be good to meet up sometime ,ive just joined and met some of the lads ,great bunch,glad i joined Miles

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I live in Ipswich i would rather pay for someone to do work as however much i like working on cars I'm not very good at it unfortunately. my bro is a mechanic however i want professional work. How reliable will it be standard? ie can i sell the fiesta lol

Thanks for all the responses guys much appreciated.

Alan

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah i was looking at a gtst but didn't trust myself in a rwd as i have never driven one before they are very nice tho!

When i say standard it even has the old jap tape player and original skyline mats...amazing :eek:)

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
ive serviced my own cars forever and ive never had a problem,i can understand tuning being done at a garage but undoing a 14mm bolt and turning an oil filter is hardly rocket science

·
Seasoned Member
7,044 Posts
I live in Ipswich i would rather pay for someone to do work as however much i like working on cars I'm not very good at it unfortunately. my bro is a mechanic however i want professional work. How reliable will it be standard? ie can i sell the fiesta lol

Thanks for all the responses guys much appreciated.

Alan
in that case then i will do it lol

tbh basic matinence can be done by any compitent garage
the only time you rally need to go to a specalist is tecnical mods and mapping

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wanna get it rolling roaded as well apparently its 330bhp but i cannot be certain as it only has a straight through exhaust (HKS)?

It seems very quick to me tho about a sec quicker than my old r5 (rip) which was tuned over 220bhp

Alan

·
Seasoned Member
7,044 Posts
I wanna get it rolling roaded as well apparently its 330bhp but i cannot be certain as it only has a straight through exhaust (HKS)?

It seems very quick to me tho about a sec quicker than my old r5 (rip) which was tuned over 220bhp

Alan
we did a r/r day yesterday lol so you just missed out
i belive the guys at apt will just do a power run any time for £40
but tbh with just exhaust done prob looking more 280ish bhp

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I'm debating on mods already looking at HKS SSQV BOV and Nismo Inlet Plenum and perhaps HKS Twin Mushroom induction? What power increase am i looking at with these mods about 20bhp?

Regards,

Alan

1 - 20 of 23 Posts