1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Welcome, ask away!

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
hi chris welcome mate, just ask away and we will do our best mate, do you know some mad dude called vini lol, and garry-julie, some other loonies lol, lets have a look at yr 300zx mate.....if need be on the home page scroll down till you see FAQ's and there is pretty much every question asked and answered there mate, although asking us is better.....good stuff chris....:)

·
Registered
812 Posts
welcome mate , get a pic up, im currently helping my bro search for 300zx ,
he wanted a gto i i couldnt stand back and let him do it so talked him into a 300zx as a gtr is a bit out of his price range.

so yea lets see some pics mate

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi guys.

Ok yes I know the other two loons. Gary is only down teh road from me. And vini, well I always thought he was a fruit basket :)

OK the question is, how much would it cost to get a skyline lump up to 600bhp? and would the Box need beefing up?

I checked the search but, well I think I might be here all year and still be none the wiser. Friend has just got a 300zx with no lump and I was wondering about putting a skyline engine in it. Personaly I am sick of having to buy 2 of everything lol and over a few beer the issue of putting another engine in came up and which would be the best option. Plus it would make the whole car a lot lighter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, A few of my mayes said this forum is like that. Which is how it should be.
Have to say my car clubs very similar even though there arnt as many cars about.

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
lol they are both a couple of loons, but since they joined and i feel i know them they are sweet, nice car by the way.....ok there is a thread in the faq section for this, but mine is running 652bhp and believe me its scary lol, mine is rear wheel drive too, if you get a r33 gtst which is the rb25 (2.5 litre) engine, the standard internals are good for around 450bhp. if you wanna go to 600 then its a full re-build mate, forged pistons-rods-gtr crank etc to do that on a rb25 is around 3-4 grand thats with a steel head gasket up- rated fuelling etc. the turbo is around 12-1,600 depending on what you go for. so to get it done from a tuner labour you probably wont get much change from £11,000 thats clutch (triple plate £1,500) job done.....mine is around £14,000 fitted........:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol they are both a couple of loons, but since they joined and i feel i know them they are sweet, nice car by the way.....ok there is a thread in the faq section for this, but mine is running 652bhp and believe me its scary lol, mine is rear wheel drive too, if you get a r33 gtst which is the rb25 (2.5 litre) engine, the standard internals are good for around 450bhp. if you wanna go to 600 then its a full re-build mate, forged pistons-rods-gtr crank etc to do that on a rb25 is around 3-4 grand thats with a steel head gasket up- rated fuelling etc. the turbo is around 12-1,600 depending on what you go for. so to get it done from a tuner labour you probably wont get much change from £11,000 thats clutch (triple plate £1,500) job done.....mine is around £14,000 fitted........:)
i need a new gearbox for that or a stock one fine?

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Welcome mate. I would presume you would need a new gearbox or mod your current one to fit as i doubt it'll bolt straight up. Where you from bud? Nice car by the way

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome mate. I would presume you would need a new gearbox or mod your current one to fit as i doubt it'll bolt straight up. Where you from bud? Nice car by the way
thaks.

from southend.

was going to get a skyline box, well I say I, I mean my mate. Just looking into the cost of building teh car with a RD vs DETT

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
hi chris, you want to get keith to take you for a spin ( not literally!) in his beast so you can get an idea of how it will feel. love the rear on your 300zx, smooth!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks Sarge. Have to say the fastest car Ive been in appart from mine was a maranello and that didnt feel scary fast, if you call 210 slow. But it didnt seem to jerk you about.

I am trying to get mine to 600 rear, but as we all know, getting a zed past 500 at teh rear is a monumental effort. So me and my mate where thinking if the cost and he is seriously concidering a skyline lump to replace the VG30.
Although at teh moment it seems that a lot of things are seriously more expencive. Like insurance, I pay £300 fully comp and if I was to switch to a skyline it would be £1200. Thats a lot of mods in insurance lol

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
There is a zed near me that the owner claims 800bhp+ but i've never seen proof. It is really really fast though :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cheers guys.

I think mines just over 400, well not at teh moment as its got some oil leaks and a boost leak so as the lumps comming out and being re-mapped for 16-G's I aint to bothered in sorting it atm.

If I put 16_G's in there and it dont brake 500 Ill be getting a new car me thinks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts