Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, a small introduction to myself and my polishing.

Iv been enjoying the forum for a while now and loving every minute of skyline ownership, even though it’s off the road at the moment, (won’t be for long hopefully!)

I taught my self to mirror polish back when I was involved in the vw scene, doing it for my self and mates as I got better.

Since buying the skyline and seeing the parts that can be done under the bonnet I got a little more serious, spending a fortune on different abrasives, wheels, compounds, machines, mops, ect, from all over the place in search of the combination that gave the best results, doing it for friends from the jap scene as I got better.

Unfortunately after the diagnosis of extensive big end bearing wear on my gtr a few months ago, I decided to kit the shed out with all the tools I need, and stock up on everything else I’ll need to start doing it for people in my spare time around my full time job to help pay for the big end bearing work, and a few other goodies while the engines out....as you do.

I am in the process of doing each part from the engines so I can work out a fair price to charge for each part. I am also thinking of doing a part exchange service on popular parts, so if you want your rb26 cam belt cover doing for example, let me know, ill already have one polished and can send it you out as soon as I receive your payment, you get it fitted, send me your old one back, and ill send you back a fair pre-agreed price for your un-polished one.

So if you were thinking about having something done, feel free to drop me a mail, ill be happy to answer any questions so please don’t hesitate to ask.

Heres a few examples of my work, please excuse the last few parts as I was beaten by the light and my camera isn’t great in poor light (unable to use flash as it just bounces off the parts, pics don’t come out and I get temporarily blinded, lol)

For anyone who may be interested, the two boost pipes and the GTS plenum is for sale, everything else is sold, (the hard pipe that comes off the plenum is also included, im in the middle of polishing that)

Thanks very much for reading, as I said, any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask, regards, Andrew

(i was happier than i look!)

Being beaten by the light!

Iv now been beaten by the light! and have had to resort to shed lighting

Apexi intake elbow - in the process of doing the other one

Ok ok i know its not Jap but ok for example purposes

Heres a pic of a gts inlet i did for a friend thats fitted (and its light)

Thanks very much for looking, any feedback welcome!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Very nice... Glad you finally got sorted... and ill be having a few things done by yourself in the future.... :drool:

So name your prices.. :D :dogpile: also, do you do an exchange basis so theres no waiting for ages

·
South West (England 13)
1,855 Posts
Nice work man

Reckon you'll get some takers as everyone loves bling
on their Skylines

Great stuff

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Cam/coilpack etc. (all 3) for a 26 please :)

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
very nice andy looks realy good if you have prices in mind give me a pm and will see what i can get done cheers stef

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
In those first two pics, the grass joins at the top and bottom. Looks like one pic. For a moment I was wondering how many left arms you had.

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi everyone, wow thanks for a great response!

Cheers Gizmo147Lexus! I don’t know Eddie, and I haven’t got onto the red site yet, yeah ill have to look him up and compare techniques!

Cheers GtstTypeM! Yeah up and running now, no problem mate, I am currently working on a price list, and adding to it the more parts I do, ill have done all the popular parts soon and have a general price list available. In the mean time, just drop me a mail and ill give you a quote. Yeah part ex will be available, (see my text at the top of the thread) I only have limited parts at the moment but these will grow asap, im always on the look out so if anyone has any spares get in touch!

General Banter - pm'd you regarding your parts mate

Cheers wolf!

marroon-sky-PM sent regarding plenum matey

magic - cheers mate, hopefully have general price list asap, if you want anything doing before then, just drop me a mail

Cheers stef, at this point I think it’s easier if you tell me what you want doing and I give you a quote as I haven’t yet done enough parts to make a general price list with everything on.

Mark_McQ - yeah in the early stages it was difficult to grow the second left arm, then as it got bigger finding 3 armed clothes was hard and I had to resort to finding them on eBay, which were not always available in my colour, but I stuck with it and can now hold a part real steady and sand it at the same time!

Cheers everyone!

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers everyone!

R33-drift - Unfortunatly the coil pack cover is sold, and the inlet provisionally sold, there is no rocker cover on there mate, but if you mean the cam belt cover its £40 + your old one + postage. If you dont mind having the car off the road (if its your seccond car) feel free to send me your other bits (just let me know what your sending me and ill give you a quote) if you cant have the car off the road, give me a few weeks to get the parts you want doing, ill do them and you can take advantage of my part ex service, any questions, please ask.

Hi No1_nos_Me!

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
marroon-sky's finished plenum

Sill in the dark under artifficial light (which does not do it justice) beaten by the daylight again, but i now have flourecent lights up so better but still not perfect. I will post a pic up tomorrow in daylight.

·
Seasoned Member
2,904 Posts
oh yes yummy yummy bling bling bling this will finish things off nicely.
cheers andy you are gifted:cheers:

1 - 20 of 219 Posts