Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first R33 Skyline Gtst in the states. I have the bill of sales but thats about it. Anyone know how i can get it titled, registered, and insured???

THANKS!!! :)

·
SkylineOwnersUSA.com Owner
151 Posts
Just bought my first R33 Skyline Gtst in the states. I have the bill of sales but thats about it. Anyone know how i can get it titled, registered, and insured???

THANKS!!! :)
Short answer, legally you can't. If you were told the car is 100% legal then I suggest you take it back to whoever gave it to you and demand you money back. Unless..... the car is a bond released car (old MotoRex car or VCP32 imported).

Call NHTSA, OVSC, Mr. Coleman Sachs and ask him to verify the VIN# to see if it's bond released. (202) 366-3151

With that said, there are people all over the country who will title these cars for side money but it's not legal and won't save your car from being seized if someone came for it.

My suggestion, take the car back, get your money back, buy a LEGAL R32.
Inventory | Rivsu Imports - Classic JDM Importer

·
Registered
15 Posts
For what it's worth I called Mr. Sachs about a car and he transfered me to a lady but can't remember her name. Her number is 202-366-4193.

But yeah, I'd call and see if it is bond released or not and go from there. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For what it's worth I called Mr. Sachs about a car and he transfered me to a lady but can't remember her name. Her number is 202-366-4193.

But yeah, I'd call and see if it is bond released or not and go from there. Good luck.
If the car is legally authorized then there should not be any problem, anyways hope it works.

·
Registered
646 Posts
If all you got was a bill of sale, the odds that your car is illegal is about 99.99%. You should have a binder's worth of paperwork proving legal import to customs and homeland security. In addition, you need the bond release, paperwork proving the proper safety modifications were made by JK technologies (only company to ever modify legal US skylines and most were for Motorex), DOT and NHTSA confirmation that the modifications were made and confirmation that the rest of the car is in stock form upon import and not to mention paperwork for the EPA.

TL;DR - If all you got was a bill of sale, go return the car immediately. You may be able to register it locally in your state, but that doesn't make the car anywhere near legal. The ramifications of an illegal car mean you legally can't insure it even if you've got "insurance" for it - eg if you get in an accident it's 100% your fault because you're driving an illegal car which also equals jail time. Long story short, if something seems shady and too good to be true, it probably is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts