Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, another newie.
Would like to say thanx for all the info and advice I have picked up on here over the past few months, finally made the plunge and bought a GTS-t. Pick it up inNovember when I get back to UK.
Had a lot of laughs too, makes 12 hour nightshifts a lot better.
Don't spend much time in the UK but hope to meet some of you .
Keep up the good work.:D :guiness:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
two summers, two winters, the things I have to put up with to feed the skyline habit :)

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Brasil

Redsky,
Where abouts are you in Brasil?. I lived in Rio for 3 years and loved the place, what are you doing there?. I can guess for sure you won't find a Skyline crusing down Avenido Atlantica(Copacabana!).

Paul.:)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
S as in Skyline and ParapiSe, us Beits love our Z,s
I am about 400km east of Rio in a plave called Vitoria, well 64 nm offshore to be exact. Lots of bars and big beach ,no hassle either.
Would never bring the Skyline here, don't trust the go juice .
Girls are lovely, bringing one home this time she is going to freeze her t......... toes off.

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Brasil

Redsky,
Ah yes the girls!!!, I could have watched them parading down Copocabana and Ipanema beaches all day!!!. Enough to make a man go blind!. She will definately have a culture shock(not sure whicih way though!). Is she a Carioca girl?. Without doubt Brasilian girls take a lot to beat. I guess Brasil isn't as safe as it used to be, but then that applies to most countries these days.

I thought PetroBras etx.. produced some decent crude?.

Paul.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
think I had better start using spell check or stop thinking of the girls, beaches etc. when on-line.
They have started to mix alcohol with the petrol now to keep costs down. Don't fancy having abandon the car in a Brazzo pot hole, not even the yanks make them as big as these.
Not carioca girl, from Forteleza so she suffers from the cold down here.
Only 2 more nightshifts then my flight to freedom.
You sound like you miss it a bit

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Brasil

Not long to go then?, how long do you get back for?. Do you fly out of Belo Horizonte?. Beautiful beaches in the state of Ceara. Whats the weather like in general in the North?.

Paul.

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Brasil

Does your girl friend know of a place called Aquiraz? Also did some sufing near aplace called Caucaia. Are those were the days before kids and stress!!!!!!!!!!.

Paul.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
work 4 weeks about
stay out here for 2 weeks doing the tax exile bit and then home for 12 days .
Dunno about the beaches, will ask here tonite in my worst pigeon Portugese. :alco:, think she moved own here when she was young

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dont get me started - I am half Brazilian (carioca, born in Rio) and miss the place like mad... this post has got me in a bad mood for Monday morning,

A te logo,
Pad.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Descuple amigo, it certainly is a small world and this is one of the better places on it.
I am in dire need of some Portugese lessons ( a few English ones wouldn't go amiss either).
Off for some early morning bronzy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bringing someone back eh? Thats what my father did 31 years ago and shes never gone back... (that is my mother btw ;) )

I tend to go back every two years or so, went to the 2001 Carnaval in Rio, unsfortunately may have to give it a miss next year. Have a massive family based largely around Zona Sul in Rio - I was born in Botafogo but grew up here. All school hols were spent there though.

As for a Skyline in Rio... no bloody way mate. One of my primo's had his Gol stripped in 2 hours flat when he broke down near Rocinha.... :)

Hope you are enjoying yourself, and take it easy on the caipirinhas... ;)

Ciao,
Pad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts