Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

sorry to beg for advice on my first post but after 3 years of happy ownership I’ve run into a stupid problem!

Basically the brake hard line that runs across the rear of the car (drivers side to pass side) has burst while parking on an incredibly steep hill! I can’t find any info at all on it let alone a part number (r33gtst) I’m considering having a long braided hose made but I have no idea what fittings will be required? Any advice what so ever will be hugely appreciated!

here’s the little blighter In question

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
take car to garage and pay them to replace the burst pipe with a cheap easy to make copper pipe like every other car owner gets done when a brake pipe bursts.

nothing special about it just a copper pipe with 2 fittings

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can quite easily do the work myself thanks. I’m asking what fittings are needed because I’m considering future proofing with a braided hose instead of just a cheap copper one. Not everyone is incapable of fixing their own car so I’d disagree it’s a job that every other car owner would just fob off onto a garage. Cheers for the helpful advice though.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
a braided hose is unnecesary though since the copper pipe will be ideal for it and also its completely hidden over the rear axle,and remove the ends from each side to be sure but from memory it will be male fully threaded ends.

Reactions: Steriskyline

·
Registered
1 Posts
As has previously been advised, just use 3/16" copper brake line. Really the braided line is not going to future proof anything. Pull the old line off and use it as a template, cut the ends off the old line and use the old fittings on the new line. Bubble flare the ends and you're all good. If you want new fittings they are M10 x 1.0mm pitch if I remember correctly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts