Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for this long post.... I am nick i have swapped in a eccs rb20det into my usdm 91 nissan 240sx, having some motor problems. Was wondering if you guys can help and help me to get it running again.

cylinders 2, 3, and 6 do not fire at all...

injectors all spray
i changed ingitors
i changed coils
i changed spark plugs and still no fire on cylinders 2,3,6 and thats what i have done so far.

I am starting to think its somthing with timing.

I tired rolating the cam angle sensor while engine was running to see if could run better but it doesn't... here is what happens..

when rolating the cam angle sensor near advance the engine slows down wtf???
when rolating the cam angle sensor near retarded the engine speeds up like crazy and exhuast starts to pop like their is pop-corn being made in a microwave. WTF?

now i don't know much about timing but to me this seems backwards??? Becasue isn't the engine soppose to speed up when going to advance and when going to retard the engine is soppose to slow down right?

Can you guys sign some light for me? I really miss driving my car and everyone asks me why I get so derpressed about it and I just say you wouldn't understand. : (

what could be wrong with my rb20det???

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
No it won`t make a difference. Clock wise retards and ani clockwise advances.

I would look at the wiring and make sure the ECU is putting the correct signals out. Or possible faulty CAS as this tells the ECU when to fire etc.

Richard

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
umm but if the cam angle sensor was bad or fautly then i shouldn't be getting any spark on any of the other cylinders and also the car wouldn't even start at all if the cas was bad of fautly from what i herd.. ummm confussing now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts