Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Didnt even know this was here!! I know some of you through the other forum, looking forward to browsing this one as well now!!!

See you all soon!
Pad

(PS, There is a meet in Sussex tonight if you dont already know about it, if you need more details I will post.)

E

·
0 Posts
Hi Mr Pad. This forum is a lot more seious & technical than the GTR Reg. They just like to doss around & post lots of nonsense. You wont find any of that over here.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
cough * bolox * :p

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Welcome to the most laid back, funniest forum on {insert the deity of your choice}'s green earth!

Seen you around on the {looks to see if anyone is reading} 'other' forum (I'm Haplo), glad to see you made it here!

Methinks, as it took you a wee while to get here... That its your round!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My round?! Good one..... looking forward to browsing about, just not much time today.

You coming down to Lancing tonight Haplo? Kept missing you at the Gamekeeper..

E

·
0 Posts
Right im gonna ask cos ive been wondering for a while.
Where the hell did the term "newbie" come from? It gets used on every web site & i wanna know what the "bie" bit stands for. I spose its really obvious & im gonna look as thick as a plank sandwich.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
I believe its just another annoying bastardisation of the english language, generally perpetrated by Northern people and other foreigners, I give you an example in the phrase "Gob smacked".
A truley awful phrase which gets right on my feckin tits :D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Buster said:
I believe its just another annoying bastardisation of the english language, generally perpetrated by Northern people and other foreigners, I give you an example in the phrase "Gob smacked".
A truley awful phrase which gets right on my feckin tits :D
Gob Smacked was, in fact, a term coined to describe what happens to southern jessies when they insult northerners.....

:D

Pad...

Not gonna make tonight I am afraid.... Been out in the pub in the sunshine all afternoon and not equipped to drive at the mo.... :rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
funny that Buster i aint seen many...in fact anyone smack you in the gob before! wonder why, must be your hard as nails son!:)
i think Newbie is a town just down the road from Basingstokie.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcomes. I can see what a serious & technical forum this is from this thread, in future I will try and keep my questions very technical. Seriously. :p

The meet turned out to be a blinder last night, will be doind a weekender sometime in the summer with BBQ so I hope some of you will be able to make it!! Some photos on link below..

www.skylinegts.co.uk/SH.htm

Cheers,
Pad

1 - 13 of 13 Posts