Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peps I'm newly a skyline owner an I love them always have being young an all it's hard to get insurance on them as you know. Right I need a little advice an since everyone here is properbly abit older than the people on civiclife.net yes I had a Honda, I might be able to get a straight answer off someone so I have a 96 white r33 skyline one problem though it's a non turbo it has a rb20e inside not only that it's a single cam I'm looking to do a swap an wanted to know what kind of engine would be suitable for my needs and also how much am I looking to pay and is it an easy swap.
as follows -

-around 300-350bhp
-rear wheel drive
-reliability
-obviously turbo

So I wanted some advice please leave your answer I know u people must of heard this a million times but I just want a straight answer thanks.

·
kreme
1,383 Posts
RB25 det with stage one mods will get you around your desired bhp..
i just posted this on someone elses thread looking for an engine(link here)
cost to do this im not 100% sure as id try and do as much of the work myself but someone will give you a price to go buy for someone else to do it.
stick a wanted engine thread up in the sale section for an engine or have a look on egay :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers fellas will a rb25 go straight in mean like not having to change mounts ,gearbox, breaks etc I know the loom will be different

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,562 Posts
theres so many cheap cars around in that power bracket.
sell yours as is and then buy a gts-t and mod it from there.
Makes much more sense unless you are trying to do a dirty and fiddle the insurance by keeping it registered as a 2.0 n/a

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
At a bare minimum you will need
Engine (complete)
Uncut loom
ECU
25DET gearbox (a 20E box will be destroyed by torque very fast)
Exhaust (20E exhaust will choke a 25DET)
Fuel pump

I'd highly advise you also get
Turbo brake set up
LSD

By the time ya buy all that (including the cost of your car and factoring in time and effort involved too), the chances are you could have bought a genuine GTS25-t for similar money. It's even less cost effective if you pay someone to do the work for you.

On resale, its always easier to sell a genuine turbo car over a car that has had a +t done / DET engine fitted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts