Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people!!! well, i upload my photos about my car and my friend´s car´s! well, my car it´s small, but i love it!! jeje :)
salute from argentinaaa!!!! :D

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
Welcome to the NISSAN forums. :crazy: ;)
What ^^ he said!

2 x 15" subs would sound horrible in such a small car... actually, 15" subs sound horrible anyway.

I see lots of cars which the owners are obviously proud of... but I see nothing special about those cars :confused:. You've just posted photos of random cars.
Imprezzas are so common here, I can pretty much walk outside and trip over one.

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,041 Posts

·
9,198 Posts
i have lost all respect for you! i love my 15s,they sing and dance to anything you can throw at them and will deform your ribcage if i get a change to whack the volume up :spank:
You had respect for me?! lol what did I do to earn that :p

I didn't say they can't go loud... I know full well they can go stupid loud lol. But you lose all sound quality with a 15" sub making them unpractical for a crisp, clear and loud sound system.
They are just good for making punishingly low frequencies and shaking your insides good and proper (and maybe breaking a rib or two) - don't get me wrong, I'm not saying a 15" sub is crap and no one should own one.... but only a select few can tolerate one in their car :cheers:
..and boy do you need a grunty amp to power a 15" sub!

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
You had respect for me?! lol what did I do to earn that :p

I didn't say they can't go loud... I know full well they can go stupid loud lol. But you lose all sound quality with a 15" sub making them unpractical for a crisp, clear and loud sound system.
They are just good for making punishingly low frequencies and shaking your insides good and proper (and maybe breaking a rib or two) - don't get me wrong, I'm not saying a 15" sub is crap and no one should own one.... but only a select few can tolerate one in their car :cheers:
..and boy do you need a grunty amp to power a 15" sub!
what a load of twaddle,you may find that over there but you should come over here and listen to some of the systems we have currently(or the usa as a lot of the most popular gear is made there(or at least assembled there),things have moved far along since the 90s my friend and there are plenty of systems with 15s that compete alongside traditional sq cars with tiny subs then roll up to the spl lanes too,its all down to building right and knowing what you are doing.
and thinking back even in the 90s 15s featured among the best around,celstion ad 15s,jbls iconic gti1500's, eminence357s,rockfords hx15 monsters,image dynamics,the list goes on!

·
9,198 Posts
No twaddle was involved in the making of my post.
Nor was I basing it from anything that happened in the 90's

I've fitted more subs that you've had hot dinners and I'm yet to hear a nice sounding 15" sub.... I'm not talking about competition cars where people spend mega bucks to make everything sound perfect. I'm talking about outright clarity and crispness for Joe Average, a sub should complement the music you're playing - to me, that's the idea of a sound system. Not so people 400m down the road can hear bass.
Case in point - the pic on page 1.
2 x 15's slapped into the boot of that car - they would sound horrible but someone down the street would definitely hear the car coming well before they would see it.

Each to their own.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts