Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right chaps I've got a mechanical speedo converter that screws on the end of the speedo cable. so the speedo reads in mph

hurrah, but ...

Is my r32 gtst hicas speed sensitive? if so, where is the sensor and will it be mislead by the new speedo reading?

i'm a little concerned here as if hicas kicks in at 90kph with some counter steer thats some nice helpfull extra turn in ... if it does the same at 90mph that might be scary oversteer

any ideas?

AlexJ

N

·
0 Posts
as the speedo is mechanical , may be the hicas reading comes from some other sensor, ABS ?
Why dont u just fit it , try it , and if the hicas does not work @ 56 mph , then try 90 mph
one way or another you will get your answer

·
Registered
53 Posts
How can u tell if the Hicas is working...? Call me stupid as i've only just bought my first R33 GTS, and have no idea yet of differentiating the handling.... but unless you've tested and driven these cars hard with and without.. is there any way of knowing ?

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Try drifting the back on a roundabout - you will know believe me - very odd sensation until you get used to it :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds like my weekend entertainment is lined up... so what your saying is that if the HICAS is working then it should 'feel' different / interesting when the back kicks out ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts