Skyline Owners Forum banner

hicas diagnostic not working

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  d.o.a 
#1 ·
tryed 8 times to enter diagnostic mode for hicas but no flashing light.
Does this mean the ecu is shot??

The hicas light does not come on until about 20-30 mins of driving, Its been like this for the past two years.

Is there a socket I can jump instead??

#2 ·
I had the same problem, it turned out to be the disc that sits inside the stearing angle sensor,it had come of so there was no way the sensor could tell which way the wheel was turned. This lead to the light coming one at the same time everytime i went on the motorway, plus i couldn`t get it in to diagnostic mode either. It could be that or the sensor has had it.

#3 ·
Yep..I took it all apart today and the disc was off. Made no difference putting it back on though. I had a look at the angle sensor, I assume theres supposed to be a light with the car running(I opened the sensor box up) but nothing.
Has someone got a steering angle sensor I can borrow by post please?? Or someone breaking a car?? If its the whole unit with disk and case with sensor that would be great or just the sensor will do with enough wire on it so I can soldier it on.

The disc has one large whole, is this supposed to be dead centre at the bottom inline with the sensor??? Mine is just off.

#4 ·
same problem with treasach gtst type m
couldnt get it in to diagnoses mode either
but mine went in first itme hes done some digging and been told agle sensor due to a new steering wheel

#7 ·
to re-set the ecu.......make sure the wheels are straight, disconnect the battery turn on lights to take out any charge left in it. wait a min, then re-connect, drive steady for a short time, then increase towards a spirited drive for around 15-20 mins......

#8 ·
I'm amazed its worked!!! I've been driving around in drift mode for the last two years, now I'm in hicas mode!
Noticed straight away pulling out of junctions fast the car is more stable, and able to pull away quicker as stepping out is almost eliminated(0.7 boost set all through the rev range). The car handles better now on fast twisty bends.

This is going to be fun keeping up with lighter more agile cars!! My slow m8 with the rx7 is gonna be pist, I could out corner him with out hicas!!:nutkick:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.