Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst getter the car ready for next weeks trip, thought Iid centralise the steering wheel and see why every once in a blue moon the HICAS trips out.....

I removed the ground from the battery after doing the steering wheel and then refitted took it for a sprint.

All seemed fine, but though I'd give it the once over. I then noticed after looking at the HICAS system that both grounding straps were broken..... doh

Would this cause a problem as it still actually works, but I have heard that it is sensitive to voltage problems.

I've just bought some connectors and I've got some huge oxy free speaker cable that should do the trick....

Let see if that helps...

I'll re-fit the shity ones tomorrow to show the locations after I take some pics

Might help people out in the future

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I had a HICAS warning light bugging me on my last GTST, and that was fixed by cleaning and refitting the earthing straps - they corrode pretty badly down there.

However, there could be other HICAS problems too of course! :)

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My light would only ever come on once in a blue moon... I'll have to check next time I take it for a hard drive to see if it has been cured

but if there is another error i'll be looking again.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts