Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm in need of an expert HICAS 'er

I got stuck out in the snow last night and had a horrible drive home for an hour or so. However some where along the way the HICAS lock out bar that was fitted to my car by the previous owner FELL OFF!!:eek7: this left the car feeling as if it had a back seat driver driving the rear of the car. As it was so snowy I didnt put two and two together untill this morning when I drove down the main road that had de-frosted. I looked under the car and it was gone!!!!!

So.
A: I need a new lock out bar asap where? and how much?

And
B: I looked in the boot and there is a unit tucked up under the parcel shelf that is unplugged. If I plug this in will it re-instate the rear wheel stearing and is it that simple?

Please HELP

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
no, the ecu in the boot has been disconnected to stop the hicas light coming on

the bar surely cant have fallen right off, the wheels would be knock knee'ed!!

are you sure it hasnt got the driftworks eliminator kit mate?? are the track arms just swinging about??

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Duno I just found a step by step fittin instruction on another web site and i cant see that its fallen off either, its connected to each wheel lol i dont know wots going on im gettin a tourch out and going out in the snow to take a propper look. But I sware it was not there and the car has been driving really badly.

Thanks convert you always seem to know wots going on.

Ill PM u the out come.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
no worries, take a pic or two while you are under there if you arent sure buddy, might shed some light on the subject!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok every one stand down Panic over I just went out in the snow squeezed under the petrol tank and it is still there fuw! so its either my car sucks in the cold wet stuff left after the snow fall or somthing else is busted and its not the lock out bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts