Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ever since i slid into a ditch... sideways... :p i've been having a problem with my HICAS light. its now always on. i also feel the hicas being lazy (swinging out on SOME turns), but that doesn't happen much anymore. but the light is still on. i need to get the car MOT'd and im not sure if it'll pass with teh HICAS light on. is there a way i can fix this problem? if its not a quick fix, can i just cut the wire that leads to the hicas light bulb? :p cheers

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for the links. i did the diagnostic. it keeps repeating this...

1 short pulse, 1 long pulse, then 7 short pulses.

so if i use the following guidlines, does it mean its the steering nuetral position sensor? if so, what is that and how can i fix it? :p

HICAS light codes for '90-'93:

1. HICAS solenoid R.H.
2. HICAS solenoid L.H.
3. Cut-off valve
4. Power Steering solenoid
5. Vehicle Speed sensor
6. Steering angle sensor
7. Steering Neutral positon sensor
8. A/T: Parking Brake Sensor M/T: Clutch sensor
9. A/T: Inhibitor sensor M/T: Neutral sensor

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
i tried everything for this and in the end it was the hicas moaning that the Std battery was about as much use as a chocolate firegaurd lmao

give it a try with a good battery

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
:p well... the battery is quite new. about 6 months old. not sure if i have the right battery in, but it was the only one that fits withought having the bonnet coming down on it.
also, sometimes when i start the car, it seams a little sluggish, like the batt is low.... could it be the battery just sucks and i have the wrong one in?

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
there a micra battery as standard, there about as much use as 2 duracell in a car lol

just get a batt of a ford or anything with a decent size battery, connect the terminals, start the car let it idle for 10 - 15 mins if it dosnt come on then source a better battery

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers with teh battery!

how do i fix the steering nuetral sensor?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts