Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all and welcome to another round of guess why that Hicas light is on :boogy:
I have reset my ECU and have checked all connections on the hicas system at the back, Still the light stays on. I have replaced my speedo converter and have checked the charge rate from the alternator and all is good. I have checked all fuses and am now getting stuck so if there is any one that can point me in the right direction that would be great. I am selling the car so what a great time for the light to come on lol just my luck

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Im not sure if this will help but i recently had to put 3 of my mates in the back of my skyline 33 gtr (this dont happen very often) Anyway set off and noticed the Hicas light was on, got a bit worried....everything felt fine (obviously didnt go throwing it arround with them in the back) so i finished the short journey, kicked em all out and the light went off, and has never been on since. I assume the light was saying that there is to much weight in the back for the Hicas to work proporly, or at all? But like i said never been on since and all works fine!

You havent still got 1/4 tonne of bricks in the boot that you havent got round to taking to the tip yet have you?

·
Registered
610 Posts
my hicas light has turned on one day after i spun out and hit a ditch... then from that day on, the hicas light turned on. and to this day, it would have still been on, if i hadn't removed the lightbulb. :p

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi all and welcome to another round of guess why that Hicas light is on :boogy:
I have reset my ECU and have checked all connections on the hicas system at the back, Still the light stays on. I have replaced my speedo converter and have checked the charge rate from the alternator and all is good. I have checked all fuses and am now getting stuck so if there is any one that can point me in the right direction that would be great. I am selling the car so what a great time for the light to come on lol just my luck
my car has started doing the same but the light is just fickering dimley when the car is running i though BAD EARTH but ive cleaned all them. checked all conections etc and its still doing it!! its really anoying me anyone any ideas???????????

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
theres a hicas diagnostics thingy, you gotta do some mumbo jumo with the steering wheel and then the hicas light will flash a certain number of times which corresponds with a fault , hit search it should pop up

when resetting the ecu did you guys have the wheels dead straight and was the floor level ?

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
The HICAS light on pretty much every Skyline I have been in/owned has come on at one time or another, I personally don't worry about, there doesn't seem to be a magical fix for it and the diagnostics are next to useless most of the time...

Bit of a bummer when your trying to sell though...

Diags are here if you want them

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/t22193.html&hl=hicas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts