Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me whats involved with HICAS lockout, other than fitting the bar? Help appreciated

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Get the wheel alignment checked afterwards, there are a few threads covering the subject so have a search

·
Registered
345 Posts
Indeed, if it has hydraulic hoses its a PITA lol, r33 gtst is all electrical, i.e unplug, remove rack and cable tie plugs up out of the way, or you could do as i did and follow the harness and pull it through into the car out of the way. As said above make sure you take it to supertracker or similar for alighnment afterwards :)

·
n00bie bashing ECR33 owner
145 Posts
Just curious; there are two unmarked metal casings in the R33 trunk next to the battery... do those two things have anything to do with HICAS?
In other words, can I remove them after installing the bar?

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
You should not remove the Hicas ECU. Leave this in place. After removing the Hicas your Hicas dash light will stay on. You can remove the bulb or fit the Tomei lockout kit that comes with a blackbox too to take care of that. Generally I would not go for lockout bar only but for a full Hicas removal kit like Driftworks and Conceptua Tuning do. With these you will get rid of the weak Hicas points like the bushes etc. They are expensive if they go wrong, trust me!

·
Registered
307 Posts
You should not remove the Hicas ECU. Leave this in place. After removing the Hicas your Hicas dash light will stay on. You can remove the bulb or fit the Tomei lockout kit that comes with a blackbox too to take care of that. Generally I would not go for lockout bar only but for a full Hicas removal kit like Driftworks and Conceptua Tuning do. With these you will get rid of the weak Hicas points like the bushes etc. They are expensive if they go wrong, trust me!
:iagree:

driftworks eliminator is the nuts :cool:

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
you have to reroute oneof the oil feeds from the pump on the R32 james, as for the hicas ecu, just leave it in, there is a wire (green ) you can cut that shuts off the warning light, found a really good article on it in canada, will see if i can dig it up for you

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/showthread.php?t=20736

there you go mate, tells all you need to know, with pics!!

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Anyone know if that green wire can be cut on R33 and R34 too to stop the Hicas dash light of being on all the time?

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
try it, you have heard of soldering irons havent you?! lol
Soldering? What´s that then? Can you eat it? :rofl:

Sure I did, but why not ask before trying. Am not in rush, so if someone´s treid already that´s perfect. If not I can still be the guinea pig. ;)

·
n00bie bashing ECR33 owner
145 Posts
Why should I leave the Hicas computer there?
If there's no Hicas, what function do they have left... do they not only control Hicas, but also other components (if so, wich) ?

And yes, I do want de Driftworks eliminator kit... wich is included in the pro handling pack I'm saving some money for.
My Hicas is now faulty, so I want it gone asap, before I wreck parts of my car or worse (so the bar is maintenance, the eliminator kit is upgrading :funny: ).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I heard that removing the HICAS ECU causes the steering to get very heavy...why I don't know, but that is the reason I was told.

Cheers,

·
bla
17,374 Posts
You can remove the hicas ecu but then you'll loose speed sensitive steering.

This is the wire to cut for the light

1 - 16 of 16 Posts