Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Seasoned member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, my r33 is my daily driver, most the time its just basic commuting. No drifting or track work or anything. Bit of spirited driving once on a while when conditions and roads allow. Would it be worth my while changing to a hicas lockout bar from japspeed ?

Thanks

·
Registered
490 Posts
If theres no track work or nothing like that, i would say just leave it on. Spend the money on something else from japspeed haha :)

Although it does weigh a ton if you take it all out.

·
Seasoned member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
seems ok. Just when i go over a rough piece of road here on a slight bend, it feels a little skitterish. Thought maybe that was the hicas or something ? As far as i know it works anyway :)

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
I have my hicas still on my R33 and have no issues, must admit once I had coilovers fitted and car lowered that "skittish" feeling happens a lot less now

·
Seasoned member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its also on coilovers, otherwise standard suspension setup. I want to get it all properly alligned too, and ideally dropped another half inch. So im researching that at the minute to see who can do it locally. Maybe add a HICAS lockout bar at the same time if other opinions on this thread sway me

·
Seasoned Member
1,952 Posts
its also on coilovers, otherwise standard suspension setup. I want to get it all properly alligned too, and ideally dropped another half inch. So im researching that at the minute to see who can do it locally. Maybe add a HICAS lockout bar at the same time if other opinions on this thread sway me
Before i had coilovers fitted on mine it was skittish on bumpy roads (Standard suspension) even in a straight line. Since fitting coilovers, felt like a totally new car. Also had the wheel alignment done this year. All made a difference.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Id ditch it. Ditched mine the other week and it made the back end feel alot more stable.

Mines driven daily aswel so its easy to feel the diference it makes

·
Seasoned member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just going over bumps at the minute the front goes over fine but once the back wheels come out of the rut it sort of feels like its skipping out a bit.
As said though, its not even had basic alignment and i would hazard a guess that it could be adjusted better, its a fresh import

1 - 10 of 10 Posts