Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hicas poly bush to replace stock ball joints - do they exist & where can i buy them?

My hicas ball joints are in need of replacement.

I already have a hicas lock bar and i know that i can get 2 x new ball joints for 60 pounds so i will not be spending 200 pounds on the DW eliminator kit.

I have been looking at 2 piece poly bushes to replace the hicas ball joints but finding the corect OD and length is fairly difficult.

Just wondering if anyone on here has found an alternative to the standard ball joints thats cheap yet effective?

Thanks,

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
That looks like a conceptua eliminator kit that comes with this bushes

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump.....

Even if someone can give me the dims (ID and length of socket that holds the hicas ball joints) i can probably size a 2 piece poly bush myself and use oversize penny washers at the back.

Thank you please!

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Have u called conceptua and asked them if they can help?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
You can not replace the stock bush with a poly type as it will have nothing to tighten against, as in it would be dangerously unsecured in the hub... you would need to replace with a solid bobbin type bush, i purchased them for my lock out kit from conceptua, they cost £45 delivered, a little cheaper than standard bushes and should last alot longer..Hope this helps!.Tom

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just emailed them now. Lets see what they say.

I really cant believe no one is doing uprated replacements..... surely there would be a big demand for them and good money to be made. When you consider you can get a pair of 2 piece poly bush's on ebay for 20 quid and a pair of standard balljoints costs 80 quid!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can not replace the stock bush with a poly type as it will have nothing to tighten against, as in it would be dangerously unsecured in the hub... you would need to replace with a solid bobbin type bush, i purchased them for my lock out kit from conceptua, they cost £45 delivered, a little cheaper than standard bushes and should last alot longer..Hope this helps!.Tom
That's really helpful man, thanks.
Do you have a photo or link by any chance??

I was thinking you could use a large washer on the back of a poly to hold it in place and allow you to tighten. Cant see why is wouldnt work buy maybe i'm wrong.

·
Central Scotland Area Rep
2,447 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
you would be crazy to put poly bushes on you wouldnt do it to your front track rod ends or the steering would be vague

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you would be crazy to put poly bushes on you wouldnt do it to your front track rod ends or the steering would be vague
What do you think the driftworks kit uses? The 2 piece polys have a metal sleeve. They are ROCK solid.
It's a completely different setup with the fronts with the way the bush would be mounted, not comparable at all.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The Driftworks kit has a Fork type end to secure the poly bush in the hub, securing it in place, the only options with the standard hicas arms is solid bobbins or the standard bush.. i sent you a PM mate...

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
well a poly bush has flex those ones do look rigid and need to be plus they have a roll pin inside but its still flex standard ball joints rose joints and bobbins have no flex which would you rather?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts