Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you just remove the hicas system without putting in a lockout kit and use car normally without it or must you put something in place of it?

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
You need to replace it with other arms like a lockout kit. Do you have an issue with it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No no issues it just sounds like from reading stuff that the car handles better on the rear without it, and I don't believe it does much anyway

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
It has its moments with a 5 wire speedo conversion installed as it fools the ecu to allow you to go above 112. I got rid of my chip and fixed the speedo to read mph the difference with the Hicas was night and day. It now works the way it should and I've had no issues from the back end even on track days. personally I'll never get rid of it

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has its moments with a 5 wire speedo conversion installed as it fools the ecu to allow you to go above 112. I got rid of my chip and fixed the speedo to read mph the difference with the Hicas was night and day. It now works the way it should and I've had no issues from the back end even on track days. personally I'll never get rid of it
My car has a speedo conversion to mph and miles however not sure if its the 5 pin one you refer to I have added a pic not sure if it's any use, would you recommend keeping the hicas?

Attachments

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
Mostly all the skylines that come in have the chip/box installed on them spliced into the signal wires behind the gauge cluster. I read a thread somewhere years ago about sorting the speedo signal by adding extra solder to the pads. Took a bit of trial and error but got there in the end. Personal preference with keeping it I've never had any bother with it since I sorted the speed

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
Mostly all the skylines that come in have the chip/box installed on them spliced into the signal wires behind the gauge cluster. I read a thread somewhere years ago about sorting the speedo signal by adding extra solder to the pads. Took a bit of trial and error but got there in the end. Personal preference with keeping it I've never had any bother with it since I sorted the speed

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
my speedo was soldered and like wookie i have had no issues with the hicas and me and wookie have done nurburgring as the car handles amazing once you actually understand how it works,reason being as you turn in to the corner the hicas turns the rear wheels very slightly the opposite way so feels like the back end is sliding so you counter steer it and shoot off into a tree.

learn to drive with it and its great

1 - 8 of 8 Posts