Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello folks,im finally getting round to fitting my lock out bar this weekend hopefully,,is there any things to watch out for ie.... pipes to block off etc? ideally i would like to remove all the hicas,pump and all the pipes to lose some weight really,but would be more than gratefull if somebody could point me in the right direction............please,please,please help me

·
blue thunder
194 Posts
hi jimlad, i'm having to have mine done as when that red needle hits the stupid speed area my hicas light comes on and the arse tends to do a little wiggle, and it's cheaper to lock it out than repair it

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Hicas can make for a lets just say a guessing game on cornering, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't most people lock it out for drifting or for piece of mind that they know what the car is going to do when they come to any corner rather than hoping it's going to work just the same as it did on that corner last time.

I'm sure if anyone can add more or put me right they will ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah, I thought it was locked out for drifting purposes.

Is it really that bad if not locked out?? Sounds kinda scary! lol

·
Seasoned Member
221 Posts
Best buy for my car was a hicas lock bar from drift works. Now I know exactly what my back end does. Who needs rear steer in a rear wheel drive car? I tend to think my right foot does the rear steer! Lock it out! You wont be disapointed! Also dont forget to 4 wheel align your wheels after though.

·
Registered
610 Posts
the question still hasn't been answered... as im also curious and in desperate need to lock out my malfunctioning hicas... which is a nuissance at high speeds, and even quite dangerous. a friend tried locking out his hicas, but he said he need more than just the lockout bar. he said something about clamping the lines and plugging something and then locking and aligning the wheels.

·
Registered
305 Posts
R32 = hydraulic rear rack so there are lines etc on it so its a bigger job....

R33 and r34 = electronic- remove the rack tie the wires and remove ecu - ignore the HICAS light or remove bulb

Remember to get the wheels alligned afterwards too

·
Registered
610 Posts
ok... so on a 32, can u just cut the hydraulic line and clamp it? what else is required?

·
Registered
610 Posts
lol, ok... idk wut a banjo fitting is. but all the "kits" ive seen only come with the lock bar, nuts bolts and washers...

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
R32 = hydraulic rear rack so there are lines etc on it so its a bigger job....

R33 and r34 = electronic- remove the rack tie the wires and remove ecu - ignore the HICAS light or remove bulb

Remember to get the wheels alligned afterwards too
just checking as im doing mine shortly (had the bar for months now!)
does removing the hicas ecu or having the hicas dash warning light on cause the engine management ecu to go in to limp home mode at all?

·
Registered
610 Posts
i dont think so. u would notice if it went into limp home mode. the rpm wouldn't climb over 3k and your engine will run incredibly rich.

·
Registered
950 Posts
To remove the hicas on an R32, you must take hte pump apart and remove the rear vaines from the pump, otherwise it will try and pump fluid no were and will burn the pump up. then you need to block the banjo off with the ring supplyed with the kit !

its is the easyest job ever to remove all hicas, just pull all the lines, off the car, including rack and bin it, remove the dash light and remember to take the rear of the pump apart and remove the vaines.. or fit a R33 power steering pump.

then enjoy a non wobbly skybus, and you will then have problems with the hicas rod ends as they always fail and make the rear wheels toe in out under power,

Best modification you can do is to fit a complete S14 subframe that removes the Hicas and then you can use proper toe rods for adjustment which also gives far better traction as it has less angle on the lower arm to the R32 frame..

Clarkey.

·
Registered
610 Posts
:eek: . that seams complicating... maybe because i have no idea what some of the parts you're talking about are. u got any pics?

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
hello folks,im finally getting round to fitting my lock out bar this weekend hopefully,,is there any things to watch out for ie.... pipes to block off etc? ideally i would like to remove all the hicas,pump and all the pipes to lose some weight really,but would be more than gratefull if somebody could point me in the right direction............please,please,please help me
you have a 33 so you dont have a hicass pump, its a electric motor, just make sure you get the rear wheels aligned as you may put them out when you fit the bar

1 - 17 of 17 Posts