Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when everyone finishes giggling at me for being think, since i dont have a manual or anything for my skyline, can somebody please explain to me what HICAS is because its lit up on the dash and im not sure whether thats bad or not :S i know im thick, but please, somebody put me out of my misery ??

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
hicas is the rear wheel steer system,over a certain speed it can alter the rear whell position by up to 2 degrees(i think,im sure if thats not right someone will know)

do you have an aftermarket steering wheel fitted?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no its the original steering wheel but after about 5min of driving, even at low speed the HICAS light comes on on the dash so im not sure whats going on with it :sorry:

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
sounds like you have a fault,not sure what the easiest route for diagnosis is on this
most peple just seem to delete it if it goes wrong,though i suppose that means there are plenty of parts around

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
i'd try a reset first of all
park on a level spot with wheels straight
disconnect battery
drain left power by braking or swiching lights on or just wait up a while
then reconnect battery
thumbs up it will work ?
otherwise you can hit the search theres plenty of threads covering hicas
if the fault is still there you can use the diagnostics to see what is wrong with it
if you want to get rid of it buy a lockout bar, if you want to keep it and its broken there must enough parts around as a fair number of people remove it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts