Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

quick question.

Was just out to the shops with the missus when the HICAS light came on, I then noticed that the steering went very heavy. Turned round and headed for home, steering went from heavy to light (normal) intermittently on the way back.

For the last two weeks there has been a weird whining noise when I turned the steering wheel, figured it was the power steering pump or something and had planned to get it looked at sooner.

Could this be the cause of the noise, the HICAS light and the obvious loss of power steering on an intermittent basis?

How much am I looking at here for parts and labour?

Cheers

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hmm..
I will reply with what knowledge ii have but it is limited...
My hicas light would blip on now and again and get heavy steering when i first fitted the delimiter chip.I rewired it so it took the + and - wires off the electric mirrors instead of under the dodgy screws on the back of the dash and never had a problem with it since.
However that would explain the whining noise as the rear steering is electric and doesnt use the pump.
Is it possible you may have 2 seperate problems?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Guys,

quick question.

Was just out to the shops with the missus when the HICAS light came on, I then noticed that the steering went very heavy. Turned round and headed for home, steering went from heavy to light (normal) intermittently on the way back.

For the last two weeks there has been a weird whining noise when I turned the steering wheel, figured it was the power steering pump or something and had planned to get it looked at sooner.

Could this be the cause of the noise, the HICAS light and the obvious loss of power steering on an intermittent basis?

How much am I looking at here for parts and labour?

Cheers
i wouldnt worry about your p.a.s till it stops working altogether but check for leaks and top up your resovior, as for your hicas id get a lock kit there around 90 quid they play up all the time

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
I read somewhere on here that it can be down to poor battery voltage. Check your running votage levels.

My light comes on every now and again and I belive its because of the battery voltage and it is a little low.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys.

Reservoir was low, topped up and all good again :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts