Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i've finally decided to go for it and convert the skyline to HID but before i go and buy a kit from anywhere just wnated to knowe if anyone on here has had a go/done it, was it hard, where did you get your kits from and was it worth the money?

·
Registered
773 Posts
i got 2 sets from of all places halfords because of the warrenty thay came with there was no probs with fitting them and thay are the muts nuts. :rofl:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
As long as your beam is in the right direction then it's a pass ;) I have never heard of them checking for Intesity from headlights ;)

They look great and make the car look newer than it is, Plus you'll see the road unlike the the standard lights :D

Although I still haven't got round to getting a set LOL. But alot of lads on my Local forum have them, with no worry's at all ;)

Very simple to fit as well :D

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
you have to be friendly with your local mot station from now on,if a car is fitted with hid lights it should also have auto leveling and wash wipe

anyone know if the apex kits uses a hella or bosch ballast?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Note that it only needs auto-levelling etc on the dipped beam. If you only convert the main beam you should be fine.

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,702 Posts
i got 2 sets from of all places halfords because of the warrenty thay came with there was no probs with fitting them and thay are the muts nuts. :rofl:
were they just blue bulbs or an actual full HID kit with ballast boxes etc?

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,702 Posts
i got my HID kit for my last R33 from www.hid-lights.com

US based site, got them in 3 days and fitted in about 10 secs seriously bright!!

if i remember right, i got the H1 HID kit - GP thunder pro, my next skyline will deffo be getting a set!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hid

I have seen the Bosch kits for sale between $150 - $200 depending on which generation it is.

I will try to find the link if you want

Kev

·
Registered
773 Posts
were they just blue bulbs or an actual full HID kit with ballast boxes etc?
full kits i had to order them in but thay were there next day and you will always no were to take them back to and feed them to a halfords muppet if thay ever pack up. lol :eek:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for all the repliees, i think i'm gonna get a set from apex as i've ordered stuff from them before and never really had any problems, as for the mot situation, my birds an mot tester so i dont have to worry about it failing on that! if anyone's got any pics of before and afetr though could you post them up pleeeeeeeeze.

thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts