Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted one, known as a hks extension kit on taka and its gotta be said its a mod that you can really feel the difference once its fitted.......posted some pics below with standard elbow and aftermarket one...

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
They certainly did the trick on mine.. well worth it..

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
its to stop the turbine being stalled when the air is released as part of the process of releassing boost pressure... i have one on the way too

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
from what i understand of it, with the standard elbow when the wastegate opens it causes back pressure reducing the performance of the exhaust and turbo but with two seperate pipes feeding together further down the system this is reduced allowing the turbo to spool quicker and the exhaust to flow gasses better......omg my head hurts now...

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
lol rather good though arent they :D

G

·
Your head hurts? Im still trying to get mine round it? Basically its a seperate exhaust for the wastegate but instead of going straight to atmos its put back into the exhaust system???

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
no, they both do that, just that the standard oone allowd the waste pressure back in to the exhaust further down hence the pipe. The standard one allows the air to wash round and stall the turbine which causes longer re spool times between gear changes

Seriously worth the pennies

Paul

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
oops,
they both do that, just that the modified one allows the waste pressure back in to the exhaust further down hence the pipe. blah blah blah...

Paul

G

·
Right i see. We got there in the end lol.
Theres so many things that can be done with these damn cars & most of them seem to be such small things that make such a lot of difference but probably wouldn`t even be thought about on any other car.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Your power should basically just feel a lot smoother now, Better boost response and easier rise in revs. Nice one.

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cheers sarky...yep hit the nail on the head excellent bang for bucks...hmm thats a good idea for a new thread..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts