Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so when the cars going above 80-85 then a vibration that you can feel through the seat occurs, not through the steering wheel but through the whole car kinda thing, not violent but its there nd kinda unnerving, any ideas?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait!! Ive found it, it wont be the spigot rings i dont think, itll be them, they were all fine in one piece when i last took the wheels off

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Have you had any work done recently, new clutch etc, s drive shaft that's been off and put on in a different position is a favorite for creating high speed/rpm vibration. other than that if its not wheel balance then engine mounts can cause this as well.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok well i havent had any work like that done to it since ive had it but i havent really had it up to that kinda speed much till recently so could still be any of them, thanks for the suggestions, thatll give me some stuff to go on

Thanks

Nick

·
'NISMO' 350GT
488 Posts
I had an high speed vibration on mine soon after I bought her. Turned out to be an out of shape tyre - was extremely dangerous apparently. The inside edge was deformed so couldn't see from normal inspection. Get your tyres checked immediately as catastrophic failure at high speed would not be nice...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so i had some spare time and took my car to a garage and had a four wheel allignment and a four wheel rebalance, vibration is gone and the car feels much! More stable on the road. Problem sorted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts